“Always a happy experience”

Villa Skogman Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Kokkola
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Beautiful restaurant & guesthouse in 19th century wooden building in old part of town in Kokkola city center. Delicious fresh authentic nordic food, international wine selection and warm cozy atmosphere. Two unique guesthouse rooms. Treat your self with a hint of historic luxory!
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

This beautiful restaurant in the older part of Kokkola is a must visit when in there. I have been there tens of times and everytime I have tried something tasty, perfectly made and beautiful dishes.
The service and athmosphere diserve also full points. It is very cosy and elegant place with old style. Nice place to visit in all kinds of occations. They also understand well food intolerances so for example it is easy if you need your dinner as gluten free.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

Somewhat pretentious, but good food. The chef sent out some amuse bouches between courses. The ambience leaves something to be desired, we visited in the fall, and would have liked dimmer lights, but the ceiling lamps were on the whole evening. Not very romantic.

Reviewed July 27, 2017

Absolutely fantastic. Haven't spend night here, but had dinner. First of all, the service was excellent from start to finish. We felt very welcomed, even though we looked a bit rough after a long day and travel. Fish of the day was prepared perfectly, the meat dish of the day just melted in your mouth and wine recommendations were spot on. I've nothing bad to say about this place, best food I've had in a while. Fully recommend! Will visit again.

Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic night of great food and accompanying wine. Our taste buds are dancing after the 3 course chefs specials. The cost is worth every cent!!

Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

I had the change to have dinner at this restaurant. I found it thanks to trip advisor. The location is very nice, the restaurant is good and romantic. The waiter was very kind and available in explaining all the dishes, much appreciated.
I would say that the appetiser and the starter were very good. The fillet too was good but not enough. I took the dessert too but really bad, 11,5€ for some warm strawberries with a ball of ice cream and some pepper. If I should rate from 1 to 10 the dishes, I would say:
Appetiser 8
Main course 8
Second course 8
Dessert 2
Again, too much expensive for the quality I got