“On the right track”

Ranked #3 of 152 Restaurants in Jyvaskyla
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I cannot say anything good enough that will do this restaurant justice. The food was utterly delicious. We ordered take away and the food was hot and really enjoyable. The price was also reasonable for Finland. I can't wait to return to Jyvaskyla to check out something else off the menu (I had the tandoori chicken -- wow).

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We ordered a takeaway from here last night. Strange, but we have never noticed this restaurant in the train station before! Originally was going to order elsewhere but when I saw the reviews on Tripadvisor for Shalimar, decided to give them a try. Glad we did.

We ordered the Malai vegetable curry and the tandoori chicken, plus naan bread. This came with rice and there were four pieces of naan in the one order. Total cost was 26 EUROS and there was more than two people could possibly eat....although we did our best.

The chicken was moist and flavourful and served in generous thick slices, instead of the usual 'cubes'. The vegetable dishes was one of the best I have had yet. Both were very spicy but in a subtle and delicate way. The naan provided a good vessel to sop up the delicious sauces.

I used to have several go too Nepalese restaurants in Helsinki but this has them beat....hands down.

Will definitely be going back. Service was quick and friendly---I called in the order and it was ready in 15 min. Restaurant looked welcoming both from the train entrance and the street entrance.

1  Thank Katchapuri
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Shalimar is the only realistic choice for Indian food in Jyväskylä. But interiors are not that great, and the train station not an inspirational environment. Great mango lassi drinks!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Never been in India, but these gyus make me feel like I've! The food is wonderful and take-out prices are lot cheaper. The atmosphere in the restaurant depends where you're sitting and what is the time. It is located in a quite unusual place, in the corner of Jyväskyläs central station with an entrance both inside and outside the station.
Great food with a great price, highly recommended!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have had lunch often at this restaurant. I have normally the chicken based portions. I have not a single time disappointed. You can ask more hot taste if you like. Shalimar is quite popular during lunch hours, but notably fast service.

1  Thank sampson12a