“Lack of consistency”

Ranked #14 of 105 Restaurants in Lahti
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Taivaanranta is regarded as one of the "better places" to dine in Lahti.
The decor is nice and the staff is friendly. The only problem we have faced is the lack of consistency; usually the food is very good but every now and then the food served can be bland as if some ingredients have been forgotten.
There has also been some issues about the preparation of meat dishes as "medium steaks" have been sent back to the kitchen for being too bloody, closer to "raw+" than medium.

There are newer reviews for Taivaanranta

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The ambitious menu of mostly Finnish ingredients and courses is carried out well and tastily. Natural tastes and service gives a great chance for an enjoyable supper. Partly open kitchen gives the possibility for an intercourse and emphasizes the quality of the entirety.
Absolutely one of the best in the city.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have been here many times in lunch time. Three cheaper lunch options with great salad buffet + three more expensive options. Lunch is served to a table, which is rarity in Lahti. You can also buy Teerenpeli brewery's own beers here

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The restaurant itself is very inviting and elegant looking. The Teereenpeli brewery options are a nice change to the normal beverage options, but not all of Teereenpeli-selection is available.
We entered the restaurant little more than an hour before the closing time. We were warned immediately by staff (twice), that the restaurant will close in an hour and we can’t eat the “long way”. It wasn’t late and it was kind of surprising, but it was said both times in a friendly manner and we didn’t mind.
Service was friendly and fast. My wife liked her food and loved the dessert. I took the overcooked pork where the protein itself was excellent, but unfortunately the sauce was so salty it ruined the whole food, especially as the side was salt-potatoes. I mentioned about it and was compensated on the price.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I visited this restaurant for the first time last weekend. I found the athmosphere very pleasant and calm. The staff were friendly and efficient. I ordered the champagne menu and thought it was very enjoyable and a value for money. I'm sure I will visit this restaurant again.