“Classic cafe with table service inside”
Review of Ekberg 1852

Ekberg 1852
Ranked #3 of 25 Dessert in Helsinki
Cuisines: Scandinavian, International, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kampinmalmi
Description: Ekberg is a Finnish artisan bakery and pâtisserie operating its own production since 1852. Quality, expertise and passion are the fundamental cornerstones of Ekberg’s activity. Fresh bread and buns are baked six days a week in our bakery on the welcoming street of Bulevardi, in the heart of Helsinki. Our product range follows today’s trends and varies according to the seasons. Our pâtisserie makes delicious cakes and pastries while our kitchen serves enjoyable food. Ekberg’s selection includes traditional delicacies, such as excellent French macaroons and Champagne corks, as well as new, seasonally varying products. We look forward to seeing you soon, you are warmly welcome to Ekberg!
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This place has been there for ages and it has this old kind of charm. Table service inside, outside terrace you have to order/pay inside first. I went there today (26.8.2013)and had a goat cheese salad and their own ice tea. Salad was good but not huge by any means. Service is very polite, reasonable prices.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was expecting great things from this cafe from the reviews. I went at 7.30 am for an early breakfast. It was around 10 euros; it's a continental buffet selection. The tea is not very nice and there is no option of hot water as I had brought a backup tea bag with me. The porridge is made with salt; beware before you take a big spoonful like I did. The food is fresh, lots of fruit, breads, cheese, cold meat and bizarrely mini cakes which are very sweet as was their jam. I had sugar overload when I left having opted for toast and jam and two mini cakes as nothing else took my fancy. I'm a fussy breakfast eater though so you may enjoy it more than I did. The decor is nice and the staff seemed OK and the price was good for Helsinki.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

You must visit Cafe Ekberg while in Helsinki. The pastries are excellent, as well as the atmosphere. The staff is very polite also.

1  Thank SEETHEBEST
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My mom and I visited Cafe Ekberg after it was pointed out to us during our city bus tour as one of the oldest bakeries in Helsinki. And it happened to be very close to our hotel (Glo Hotel Art). The cafe has real old world charm with both indoor and sidewalk seating. We were looking for just a light meal so we both chose the shrimp salad. For a small salad the portion was generous with lots of shrimp and a tasty selection of house made dressings and delicious bread. We saved room for dessert and coffee and were pleased that we could even get decaf cappuccinos. The many layered Princess cake with pretty green fondant icing was to-die-for. Our server was very pleasant and spoke English very well. I highly recommend Cafe Ekberg!

1  Thank BijouxGirl
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This was out favourite of the posh cake shops in helsinki. Had a real old feel to it, like stepping back in time. Cakes were fantastic too. Well worth stopping off at.