“Place to visit”

Helsinki
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Place to visit”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice nearly a corner restaurant in western part of Helsinki. Good menu, nice wines with reasonable prices. Place to visit with friends and family.

• Visited March 2013

• Finnish first
Helsinki, Finland
“Great menu”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I and my son ate here Solnas five courses tasting menu. We had an offer 2 for 1 price (69 euros) and the food was amazing, like art. Everything tasted good and also look fabulous. Some of them look like a painting. We also got 3 extra courses from the kitchen. Some of the portions were very small but I got enough because there were actually 8 courses. I wished to have my camera with me because those portions were so beautiful. I had a class of cava and a class of white wine with food. I didn't take wine package becouse I had to drive a car later. But I have read that wine package is also good with the menu. Service was friendly and we didn't have to wait too long althought there were almost full.
Solna has Bib Gourmand mention and is worth of it.

• Visited July 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“Good quality food”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Solna restaurant is about 8 km from the city.
Good food and very good service. I had toast skagen (bread with shrimps) that was very goon and entrecôte which was also good.
I can recommend. Price level is not the cheapest one.

Visited May 2013
The Netherlands
“Nice food every time”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

As a business traveller you just want fresh nice food. This is what you get at Solna. When in Helsinki (staying at the Hilton sea side) it is a short walk to this restaurant. Always worth a walk. Nice menue, good service, you can enjoy a good dinner. Near a Michelin star. Price is also near a Michelin star restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
“Awful, never go here if you are looking for a quiet beer at 9 PM on a Wednesday evening.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have eaten here in the past (Finnish wife and travel to Helsinki 2 - 3 times a year), food is ok. However, on this occasion I asked for a beer, enquired about teerenpeli as like to drink Finnish beer and was offered Lapin Kulta. I asked if there was anything else and was pleased they had Pilsner Urquell. Sat down and realised it was warm and told them politely that I would probably have 1 or 2 more and could they put them in the freezer. My second beer was brought over within 5 minutes and when I was only half way through my first. Decided not to mention it and got on with my book. After 45 minutes I asked for one more beer (this time hoping for a cold 6€ beer and was told that at 9.47 they were closing as it was a quiet night. Ordinarily no complaints, but as the only other customers (a couple) had been joined by the kitchen brigade for drinks I realised my quiet, self contained custom was no longer required. Checked out side and opening hours stated 11 pm closing. Not happy. If you want a decent bar best head to Toolo.

Visited April 2013