“Good Indian in Helsinki”
Review of Maharaja

Maharaja
Ranked #393 of 1,597 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Taka-Töölö
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We just happened to get a deal to dine in this restaurant. In past, my Indian business friends had told it to be the best Indian in town! So we locals also wanted to have a try.

And yes, food was good Indian, menu even more than the basic deal we had. Services came through excellent after we told about our long time favor of Indian food. The place gives also nice Indian atmosphere but having been in operations 20 years or more, needs some uplifting.

1  Thank ekuvita

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is quite affordable, yet good quality Indian restaurant. I go here quite often. The service is always friendly and quick. The lunch is really nice, under 10 euros per portion, including papadum, salad and naan bread. In the evening the atmosphere is really cosy, I have brought large groups of friends here and everybody's been happy with the food. I have never been disappointed here!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We go here often and it is our favorite Indian restaurant in Helsinki. Just around the corner from Olympic stadium and on many tram/bus lines. Also in good weather walkable from downtown. Very affordable and good-size portions for lunch(under 10e). Had a large group here for dinner once. Everyone loved the food and service.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We visited Maharaja with our family. Welcome was friendly and we got our table fast. Main cources were very good, apetizers were average. We shared many main cources from chicken to lamb and they were all very tastefull. Indian Cobra beer was the cherry on the cake. You should visit this place.

1  Thank Jouni L
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is my favourite Indian in Finland and I have tried maybe 7 others. When I travel alone the service is as fast or as slow as you want and if you like it spicy there is never a problem here. Free salad and popadom if you don't order a starter. I normally have a starter and main Lamb curry but this time a mixed Tandoori and the quality and tenderness of the meat/chicken was outstanding. Always try to make the time to eat here at least once on a visit to Helsinki.