“Fantastic!”
Review of Zucchini

Zucchini
Ranked #27 of 1,673 Restaurants in Helsinki
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Lunch was excellent! Not filled with spices to create flavor, as found in many vegetarian places, but great, healthy food with generous portions.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

What can I say. An amazing restaurant with amazing staff and amazing food! The restaurant is on a side street just off the busy city centre but it has a lovely calm feel to it. The food is fantastic with everything fresh, tasty and plentiful, we would have had one of the desserts but couldn't find room for it. If you are in Helsinki take time out of your day to visit Zucchini, will definitely visit again.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I agree with the reviewer below - very friendly helpful service, cheap for very generous portions, great atmosphere. We were unsure when we arrived about committing to a vegetarian meal, but the very detailed introduction, explanation and advice the guy serving us gave in perfect English and his lovely personality made us decide to try it. We had the combo ratatouille soup to start and a goats cheese and beetroot lasagne with warm bean side and salad. As much bread and marg or butter as you like. It was more home-cooking standard than fancy restaurant, and the lasagne had a bit of a stodgy texture, but it was really nice and a huge portion. If you are on a budget and want a big filling healthy meal this is perfect - plus it's only a couple of minutes walk from the Esplanadi and port.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

After spending three weeks on a boat with only carnivores as my fellow passengers, I was thrilled to find a restaurant in Helsinki that served delicious vegan and vegetarian fare. I felt like I was coming home and the warm, friendly welcome and assistance I received from the staff at Zucchini certainly cemented that feeling. This small, cosy diner has ambience in spades and a comfortable decor to match. There is an emphasis on 'small' and you may need to share a table with another diner or two, but that's what travel is all about, new experiences.

While all of the menu is in Finnish the staff are happy to explain your food choices in English and walk you through the set menu options. The food servings are very generous, so if you are not that hungry share a plate or ask for less options for your meal. In the city that has the reputation has being the most expensive in Northern Europe this meal offered value for money and was on par with prices in Australia. I enjoyed all of my meal but especially the brown rice with peanuts and the combination sweet potato and carrot gratin. This was after a large bowl of soup of the day, which was delicious. A variety of bread is offered, in a basket to the side, and there is free water also available. The fruit 'cheese' cake I had for dessert, was divine. Zucchini is only open for lunch time meals, which is a pity as I am sure it would do a roaring trade as an evening venue.

2  Thank SheFitandFabulous
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The staff provided great service and advice to travellers not speaking Finnish. We had a fantastic meal that has been a highlight of our visit to Hesinki.

John and Genny B.....Aust