“Tourist Trap in Helsinki”
Review of Restaurant Zetor

Restaurant Zetor
Ranked #32 of 1,597 Restaurants in Helsinki
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vironniemi
Description: What would be a better place to enjoy a meal or have a drink or few than around long rustic tables and among tractors. The food and drinks menus are full of Finnish spirit: well-known classics and country-inspired specialties. Zetor is open every day from noon till the wee hours of the night. Food is available until last orders every day.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The menu is available is about 30 languages so this should have been a tip-off. Upon my arrival I was not greeted with the warm service that I encountered in most other establishments in Helsinki. I was left waiting while staff just sort of milled about. A hostess eventually greeted me and sat me at the bar. I was traveling solo so I didn't mind sitting at the bar. I waited there for about 20 minutes while many waiters passed but nobody took my order. As I looked around I noticed that the other diners didn't appear to be locals. There were lots of tourist groups. I decided to leave. I felt obliged to write a review because I was pleased with all of the other establishments I visited in Helsinki and this seemed to be an exception.

1  Thank rychlost

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Old tractors as bar tables :) Very rustic interior, takes you to the countryside although you are in the heart of Helsinki. I love the chicken with homemade cheese. Also the meatballs here are legendary!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This restaurant is a legend, yet difficult to describe correctly. If you are looking for fine dining, a silent romantic dinner or boring standard food, then this may not be for you. If you feel hungry after a day's walking around the city, want to feel a relaxed and somewhat different atmosphere and/or just like an honest down to earth restaurant built around a humorous theme, then I would recommend trying it out. The overall theme is a kind of parody of the country side as expressed in old Finnish movies and a huge contrast to the city outside.

The menu offers a variety of choices and the servings are generous. The menu changes from time to time, but offers many traditional meals too. The servings are generous and offer a wide choice. The menu is available in many languages. In the evenings it is a popular place to party and can be crowded.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

this is not a comment on the restaurant's food or it's quality, can't really judge that.

BUT it's a highly recommendable place if you want to breathe in wooden interieur, old czech tractors, interesting toilets, a huge cow, horribly fascinating finnish cover versions of already horrible songs - i wouldn't know a way not to love it

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had to wait for 2 hours to get our meals and we didn't even get our dishes at the same time. Plus, the food wasn't that great!

2  Thank Abiiir