“Mexican Fiesta”

Cuisines: Mexican, South American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Been there 2 times. Bothe times the food was good and service is friendly. Only things I'd complain about is that all the salsas we had were mayo with something, and the chili/chocolate fondant was dry inside..it still was delicious, but more like a chocolate cake. The coconut flavored crema catalana was fantastic! The sangría was fresh and the food was tasty..and we left happy :)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a pretty good restaurant with authentic mexican food (which is difficult to get by). It's located on a good corner on the railway station square and prices are very reasonably. My only complaint is, that they have a chili-flavoured chcolate fondant on the menu that isn't a fondant, it's just chocolate cake. It's tasty though, but just not what you expect when they call it a fondant.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Good location near railway station and they have terrace outside as well. Long menu with lots of different texmex/south americanish foods. Nothing spectacular, but tasty food and atmosphere is kind of relaxed, so you can take Corona or two with your food.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a strange place. I ordered a chicken dish which was advertised as coming with a mexican style sauce. In fact it came on a plate bathed in hollandaise. It was delicious but not what I expected in Mex-Latin American restaurant. Service was helpful but when I arrived I was told to just find a table. Half the tabes were empty but all had dirty plates on them. In the end I moved the plates form a table and sat there. I stayed an hour and at no time did i see anyone remove dirty plates from any table. Quite bizarre. In practice they seemed to have too few staff and the fellow who served me was very friendly and helpful. Worth a visit but you should have no expectations.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Not your typical Hispanic restaurant in Helsinki (they don't put barbecue sauce on Tex-Mex here). This was my second time dining at Maya. The first time I ordered the paella. It was good, but I've had better. This time I ordered the Brazilian stew, and it was excellent. So was the bean ceviche. I'm definitely visiting Maya again.