“Traditional Finnish fare”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kampinmalmi
Reviewed April 6, 2013

A great way to experience traditional Finnish cuisine. We started with a Finnish antipasto plate with Finnish cheese, salmon, pickled cucumbers, mushroom salad and smoked reindeer. A great combination. For mains the reindeer steak was leaner and more tender than a fillet steak.
We walked in off the street and were able to get a table without a reservation. It was full of locals which is always a good sign that the food it good.

There are newer reviews for Kosmos

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had lunch here for my birthday. Service was great, as was the food and wine. Really enjoyed my visit there. Highly recommend a visit for anyone in Helsinki! A bit pricey though.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been to Kosmos many times over the years, but it seems that nowadays people are more demanding when they go to fine-dining restaurants. I wouldn't call this a fine dining restaurant but the prices are! You have to know exactly what is good to order there, don't order randomly. Boletusjulienne is really tasty!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have eaten at Kosmos several times and it always delivers. Top notch food in a great atmosphere of classic Helsinki dining.

The only thing preventing this from being "Excellent" is that the pricing is what you would expect, a bit high, and the service is just OK.

However, you will not be disappointed by Kosmos, I will be sure to visit whenever I get a chance!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

One of the oldest, well know restaurants at Helsinki. It's a classy place and we went there to have some supper with a basic attitude of young guys just going to get something to eat. Then we saw this place and went there. Service was perfect. We ordered some lamb and some wine they recommended and i could say it was a bull's eye. Everything worked perfectly, lamb was good and wine was superb. Staff was nice. I could say a money well spent.

1  Thank MokkaJ