“Nice place but something is missing”
Review of Ravintola Tori - CLOSED

Ravintola Tori
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I try to like this place very hard. I like the athmosphere, the staff and the clientele. But the dishes always dissapoint me. I'd guess I am a picky vegetarian but still.

In the summertime they have tables outside and it is really a dream place to lunch.

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Great place, urban terrace. Katu-uskottava. We ate salmon salad and meatballs, recommended.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Food: We cam here twice as the first meal (meatballs and potatoes) was excellent and hence the reason we came back. The second meal was pasta with crayfish and it was average. The burgers look amazing. The bread is fantastic and they have a wide selection of non-alcoholic, organic drinks.

Service: Don't expect much. Staff weren't rude, but not too friendly. Very to the point. We had to ask for the bread, but were not charged.

Atmosphere: A young, edgy crowd. Most people were under 35 and lots of tatoos and punk hair. Definately a local spot.

Price: Usually places like this a pretty cheap in the US/Canada, but in Europe everything is generally more expensive. Our lunch was €38 for two plates and two juices, no appies.

Overall: We liked this place and would recommend it. I would give it a better ranking than where it sits on TripAdvisor. Especially worth going to, ironically, get away from the tourists.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have been visiting Tori restaurant ever since it opened. The food is fine and the price is a bit on the high end but not as high as some other restaurants with more average food. Tori doesn't serve alcohol therefore the prices are bound to be more reasonable since they don't pay the license required. The location and the terrace are the biggest advantages of Tori. But service and manners are certainly not. Most of the times I had been to Tori I ordered their hamburger. It had been fine. But last time I thought to go for crayfish pasta. The pasta I was offered was ok although the red sauce was very thin. I didn't realize until I had almost finished eating that at the bottom of the pasta bowl there was quite a quantity of thin red sauce like watered tomato soup. I was not pleased but thought to make the best of it. I went to the waitress at the bar to ask for a piece of bread. She couldn't make her own mind about giving me some bread or not but said she had to ask the chef. Surprise, surprise! A while later the waitress came to our table and told me "I am sorry it's not possible." Not even a bit of bread!! And they could charge me if they wanted to but not even that was given to me as an option! I turned to the young waitress and gave her my plate with what looked like left over soup and asked her to tell the chef that I also hadn't ordered pasta soup but that's what I had got! I am quite sure that she didn't say anything to the chef as I am quite sure I will not be going back there any day soon.

1  Thank acuteobserver
Reviewed June 15, 2012

proper food, good spirit and nice to sit outside watching the torri...