“A good hotel restaurant”
Review of Viola

Viola
Ranked #1,038 of 1,597 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Kampinmalmi
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I usually avoid hotel restaurants but from time to time you want to give them a chance - and get positively surprised. Viola succeeds in creating a relaxed travellers' atmosphere - you have something for everyone - small and big tables, a sofa group to enjoy an aperitif or a whiskey and even a playing corner for kids.

The food served is Italian-inspired and it is actually tasty. The last time I visited the place, I had an perfectly grilled salmon with crayfish risotto, at previous times I've had sallads and asparagus for example and Iwas never disappointed. The vine list is good but a bit pricey - but hey- this is Scandinavia.. :)

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I recently spent only a short time (2 nights at the end September) at the Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel in which this restaurant is located. We arrived late afternoon and went to the restaurant because of convenience and we are very glad we made the choice.
We sat near the window looking out onto the street and the water views. We sat sipping our drinks and studying the menu before making our decisions on what to try.
From the moment we shared the “Bruschetta con Gamberoni’ (King prawn, tomato salsa, avocado salsa and salad ) to our mains of ‘Agnello ‘(Lamb fillet with rosemary and herb potato cake) and ‘Manzo al Pepe ’ (Beef fillet with pepper sauce and herb potato cake) we could not praise this food enough.
We had eaten our way across Europe over the last 30 days and we found this excellent food and a great atmosphere at the end of our journey.
Obviously we came back the second evening before flying back to Australia and tried different meals of ‘Manzo ben cotto’ (Overripe Chantarelle beef with sauce and herbed potato cake) and ‘Pollo’ (Fig-glazed corn-fed chicken with rosemary sauce and oven-roasted baked potato)
I am sorry that I had to spell out the menu but this food would rate in the top 3 of those we have eaten in, across Europe over the last month.
Thanks to all the staff…excellent food and not to be forgotten

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were a group of 9, tired after a long day of meetings. Viola was the nearest option available since not many wanted to step out in the cold. We ordered a mixed bag of items covering a wide range of pizza, chicken and fish. Plus some local beer. The salmon + risotto dish was a bit over cooked. The chicken that I ordered was excellent, as were the pizzas ordered by my colleagues. Even though the restaurant more quite full, service stayed consistent through out.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We came for a late lunch because of the impressive description on the menu and left disappointed. I ordered a pasta with chicken breast and the chicken was very dry. In addition, my plate has a very bland taste.

The good thing about it is that this is the first and last time to dine to Viola

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The menu looked attractive enough. I went for the summer BBQ special. Awful! 3 small, dry bits of beef on a bone, with a bowl of BBQ sauce does not constitute BBQ ribs! Overpriced. My son's chicken pasta was without flavour and far from al dente. My guest found a large hair, not his, in his meal.