“Okay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Kampinmalmi
UK
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Standard hotel restaurant fare - but you can get a half decent pizza. Only draft beer available was Heineken - couldn't even get a Lapin Kulta.

Visited November 2012

• Finnish first
“Good food, tiny portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This place is great if you're looking for an easy, small bite to eat in a cozy environment. Bring your wallet though as the portions are tiny and the prices hefty.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sussex
“Measly portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I arrived at the Radisson Hotel for a 4 day business trip and fancied easy dining that night and not to walk around. I decided to eat here as its the hotel's own restaurant.
The atmosphere is nice, plenty of tables and a bar you can sit up at
I ordered the prawns to start (Euro 10) and lamb as a main (Euro24)
The prawns came out, five of them with four halves of tomato, not much for 10 euros I thought although it tasted nice. When my main course came out I was astonished! A small dollop of polenta mash, a piece of lamb that was I swear no more than 100g and two bites it was gone and again 4 halves of tomatoes (they like their halves of tomatoes in Finland it seems) I was quite disappointed at the tiny pathetic portions. The waitress was kind enough to offer a free glass of wine for me as a way of an apology, that was good of her.
The quality of the food is not of question, but I wish their portion sizes were in line of their prices

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pier P
Firenze, Toscana, Italy
“Italian cuisine in Finland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

This restaurant is located at the ground floor of the Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, of which it is an integral part. Hotel guests can access it directly from the hall, whereas patrons who don’t stay can get in from the street.

The atmosphere is friendly and the setting very pleasant, with sofas and cosy corners. In the back there is also aplay room, The Magic Castle, for children. They normally offer a Tuscan menu that as Tuscans my wife and I appreciated a lot. We must say that the quality of the food and its preparation are on a par with any upper range Tuscan restaurant, but the size of the serving is about half of what we are used to, even choosing the “large” portion (the “small” ones are really ludicrous).

The staff are very kind, but when I showed my Carlsson Club membership card they did not apply the discount indicated on the menu. The price is somewhat high, especially considering the skimpy portions. However I would recommend it to those who don’t have many chances of tasting the Tuscan cuisine.

• Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
“I'd eat somewhere else next time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Small serves and for a tourist, the food was expensive when factoring in the exchange rate. The food was tasty and well presented but small serves - even for me and I'm a small eater.

Visited July 2012