“Very good, but you have to pay for it.”
Review of Bellevue

Bellevue
Ranked #96 of 1,597 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Russian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bellevue is the oldest Russian restaurant in Helsinki, founded in 1917 and has ever since been known for its good food and unique atmosphere. The old and valuable paintings, chairs and chandeliers take you back to the days of the Czar. The authentic Russian atmosphere is completed by classical Russian music in the background. Also the menu brings old Russian cuisine to you. The chefs are flexible and highly professional, so if one of your favorite classic Russian dishes is not on the menu, it is always worthwhile asking for it. There are also three private rooms in the restaurants.
Reviewed March 17, 2012

A charming Russian restaurant. High-level Russian kitchen, friendly service. Not cheap.
Mannerheim used to visit there. Saturday brunch is excellent.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

A very cosy and friendly atmosphere. Excellent service and food.
It is small so book a table in advance.

1  Thank ukkelo
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I am in the midst of writing my travel memoirs. On my one and only visit to Helsinki, I ate here with my family on my birthday. I remember the borscht (beet soup) was delicious and beautifully presented. I had the stroganoff. There aren't any restaurants of this style in Cleveland, OH (my hometown) or any other place I've visited. Most meals aren't memorable, just passing nourishment. Since I remember this after all this time says something about it's quality. I couldn't say how it is now....but it was fantastic then. Give it a try!

1  Thank liket2travel
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Great food, especially starter-plate and bear with expensive prices.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Bellevue offers traditonal Russian food near Helsinki city center. The food is tasty and the portions are big. But the place itself is not so nice (no windows) and the service is not very good. The male servant did his very best to create a good atmosphere but the two female colleagues were almost unfriendly. The blinis were fantastic but I would not go back.