Cantina West
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I had the Texas ribs. Excellent. The meat was cooked to perfection: slowly, with crispy outside and moist inside. There was no need for a knife, the meat fell away from the bones. Good, spicy sauce on the side.
My husband chose pulled beef hamburger. The meat had some kind of weird spices, it tasted disgusting. So he did not eat the meat but we ended up sharing my ribs (the portion was luckily big enough to share).

1  Thank Tarjia

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was skeptical to find anything but cheesy-greasy fast food but oh, I was served a great amount of tasty and fresh chicken salad that filled me up. I was really impressed. The impression grew even better when they served a glass of sparkling wine for only 2,50 a glass :) I'll definitely go back there!

Oh, and service was excellent as well.

1  Thank Kristel H
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Restaurant was nice, service was quick and friendly, i mainly went as i fancied a Burrito, Im not sure grilled unspiced chicken inside folded over in half tortilla with "Nacho" cheese over the top is a burrito...

There was Guacamole and some chopped peppers on the side, but really i was expecting a meat/bean/pepper and spice combination held within a wrapped tortilla.. maybe also containing some rice.

Maybe if if had a Burger my score would have better, however i feel like i got the Equivalent of ordering a lasagne but getting the pasta, sauce and meat in separate piles.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I love this place ! The food is so good! Tasty, spicy dishes are enough spicy, big size portions, a large variety of dishes, mostly Mexican. Great atmosphere and a lot of different kind of drinks aavilable at the bar (menu). Close to downtown and easy to find a this place, or to ask for help, many people know the location.
The staff are always of good cheer!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was part of a group of about 25 persons who had booked the cabinet and dinner in beforehand while having a party day. The interior was decent, no worries with that, and the food was actually pretty OK but man, I have very rarely received so bad service in my life. Waitresses really looked like we were harrassing their lifes. No smiles, no attitude, no effort to make customers feel like we were served and appreciated. And the final climax was when, after the dinner, staff decided to stop serving us desserts or drinks anymore because one of us was in the middle of his speech while they started serving food for us! Never, ever, I will come to this place again. I felt really disappointed.