“decent mainstream food”

Ranked #764 of 1,597 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vironniemi
Description: Relaxed "little Italy" in Helsinki Bring your friends, family, business partner and your appetite to La Famiglia and be prepared to enjoy. La Famiglia's laid back, casual and relaxed atmosphere welcomes you with its Italian American menu. The bar serves fresh drinks for our customers to enjoy before dinner. The "play corner" is popular among our younger customers. During lunch La Famiglia serves a lunch buffet 11.00-14.30 and daily changing lunch portions from the kitchen. Welcome to La Famiglia!
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Pretty ordinary italian cuisine here. Not bad but not very memorable either. Good thing about the place is that you always get a table there. Don´t have to book in advance.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We came to La Famiglia based on our hotel's recommendation for an Italian place centrally located.

Good thin Pizza and decent wine - reasonable prices too - so would have no problem in returning.

1  Thank trwilbury
Reviewed November 8, 2012

First time we came here for a lunch. We asked the waitress what pastas are there today in buffet and she didn't know. She had to go and see. We had to wait our drinks very long and we got them only after I asked for them again. Pastas didn't have much taste and a vegetarian pasta was basically just mashed tomato and onion. When we wanted to pay we had to wait to get the bill for 15 minutes.

Another time we tried to come here for dinner. No one came to welcome us, so we just sat on empty table. We waited for 10 minutes and no one came to even bring us menus, so we decided to leave and never come back again. In my opinon this is the worst restaurant in Helsinki. Just avoid it.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very nice and varied menu, portions not too fancy, but delicious basic food. Service is friendly, at times a bit too hectic, do not go if you are in a hurry.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was eating there with my 11 year old son, as it has been a good place to go with the kids. Well, his lasagna was not too good, below medium according to him. Tomato sauce straight from the can, at least tasted like that. The taste of my shrimp pasta was good, nicely spicy. However I had min when my son was allready finishing his meal as I was served first with wrong pasta. The service in general was not good at all. We for example did not receive any bread like every body else around us! I just noticed that when we were ready to leave. There won't be a next time for us.