“For many years, every time I'm in Helsinki .... I visit this wonderful restaurant ...”
Review of Santa Fe

Santa Fe
Ranked #418 of 1,626 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vironniemi
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

For many years, every time I'm in Helsinki .... I visit this wonderful restaurant ... nothing ever changed ... there is always a quick and tasty for a reasonable price. 20.10.2013 ... the chef was in a depression, with seafood fajitas was disgusting. Friends, beware of this dish. Everything else is great!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I know Santa Fe is not always talked good about in Helsinki, and there are other Mexican restaurants that are. But this is the place where we used to go with my parents to eat when I was young, the place I went to eat with my friends when I grew up, and after moving away from Helsinki, I came to visit the city and I took by partner to eat here too - since I've been talking so much about the place. And we ate here twice during our 3 day visit.

On the first evening we ordered a chicken fajita - my all time favorite, spicy and delicious. On the other evening we shared lamb chops. Yes it is an expensive meal, but I absolutely love the potatoes and steamed vegetables dipped in the garlic sauce. It is to die for. This dish we used to eat on more special occasions due to the price.

I have also eaten many times the beef burrito, which I like. And Nachos Supreme used to be the starter dish - big and enough for the party. I also like their snails in garlic and the mud cake. The Mud Cake. Try it - you will like it. They serve of course Coronas and strawberry margaritas!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

No spice, no heat, not even Tex Mex staples - sour cream & guacamole; instead squeeze cheeze from a tube, out of a jar watery tomato salsa, blackened and burnt potatoes. The menu said that there was re-fried beans, but all i found was some yellowy spread on a flat bread. The waiter was just short of being rude, and very adamant that this was Mexican food and the Finnish population did not like hot and spicy food. He told me that if I wanted hot and spicy I should have asked as they did have one such dish - blackened chicken (which was Cajun not Tex Mex). According to the waiter, the fact that even though the restaurant is named Santa Fe, advertises it as being Tex Mex, one should not expect Tex Mex food. By this logic, I now check that my local Chinese Restaurant, the 'Szechuan Palace', does, in fact, serve Chinese food!.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

OK but expensive for what it is. The food wasn't very flavoursome. The staff and the atmosphere were nice.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Santa Fe is a cute mexican-styled resturant in the downtown of Helsinki. There's outdoor bar and usually indoor is for eating. Waiters aren't that polite or friendly and even though the portions came quickly, having service took a long time. I was surprised because of the prices they had. Compared to other restaurants in Helsinki, Santa Fe is not the cheapest one. Portion size is good but I don't think that the quality-price ratio is good.