“Disappointed”

Santa Fe
Ranked #294 of 1,489 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Vironniemi
Hki
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Me, my son and my husband were about to have some mexican dinner today and choose this place. Was a mistake. First of all, the food here is what finns believe mexican food should be. On my dinner plate it was completely burned down so called cajun fish or salmon with near fresh paprika, grilled paprika and paprika in tomato sauce. The worst was the waiter's attitude: completely unfriendly - no greetings, no looking at customer (guy was constantly looking somewhere else when we made our order), no thanks, no water with spicy food and wine until we asked for. I am pretty sure it was because we are foreigners and talked each other different language than finnish even though I've made the order in very good finnish. At the next table was finnish family sitting and the same guy behaved completely differently - plenty of smiles, small talk and service ablilities was shown. At the end of evening we were served by another person and she saved the situation for her part. However I think, I never come again to this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki
“Average tex-mex(ish) food. Big portions.”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

If you want good mex-mex food, go for restaurant Patronas in Annankatu (Anna's street). Portions are big though.

Visited October 2012
Selby, United Kingdom
“Bit pricey and food not that good”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

On a day trip from tallinn, look for somewhere to eat and found Santa Fe. The food was average but the bill shocked me, £70 for a lunch time meal plus for me and my wife. ( One starter,two mains and two glasses of wine.) We declined the desert menu !!!!!!

• Visited October 2012
Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg City, Russia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food and mohito in Helsinki”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Really nice place to relax and to eat my favourite "Surf and Turf" salad and BBQ ribs. Food is delicious and stuff is great. Try cranberry longdrink!!!

Visited September 2012
Helsinki, Finland
“Quality does not match the price”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It used to be a very nice, relaxed Mexican food restaurant, but the prices have gone up, portions are smaller and the service is not as good as it used to be. Also the atmosphere has suffered, since the tables are scattered all over a wide area.