“Good basic Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Taka-Töölö
Neighborhood: Taka-Töölö
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had a dinner with my Japanese friend at ok Thai.
Tom Yam Soup was very good as usual. Some basic spring rolls, noodels, chicken with chili and basil and shrimps in red curry.
Food was very tasty and services was very good as well.
I recommend this restaurant to all Thai food fans. Location is at Töölö, near the opera house.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was recommended Kok Thai for its entree, seafood salad. The salad was excellent, I admit, the foor good and price level ok. It was getting the food that was the problem. The young waitress forgot us three times: first she forgot to take our order, then she forgot to bring us water and glasses, and finally we found out she had forgotten to give our order to the kitchen. Every time when we had to ask for service she look embarrassad and surprised but not once did she say sorry (not to speak about some compensation for waiting double time for our food). I don't think I will come back here.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Kok Thai make typical Thai food always with same quality. Service is nice and quickly. If you like hot food you could find it there.
There are buffet lunch. Good location.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

A relatively cheap option in a very expensive city . Food is good and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Basically a Thai restaurant as you would expect.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have used this restaurant a lot, also for takeaway. Great for a picnic takeaway at the Olympic swimming stadium nearby (a very typical summer activity for Helsinki barefoots). I've also lived and studied in Thailand and this compares pretty well to the standard good quality restaurants in Bangkok and Thailand.

They have for example nice Tom Kha Khai, Pat Thai, squid salad, beef with basil. Kids like the basic fried chicked with vegies a lot.