“Disappointing”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Singapore, Singapore
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Having read the reviews, we decided to give this place a go but was truly disappointed. Coming from Southeast Asia, the food here is poor standard and the ingredients used were not fresh. We ordered Tom yum soup and the mussels and prawns were really small and had a fishy smell and tasted like it came from a can or frozen pack. The pineapple fried rice tastes nothing like what you would get in Thailand where the rice was soggy instead of fluffy. For the price, I had expected decent quality Thai food. I hope they at least use fresh ingredients in future which is the essence of Thai food.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank exoticpoppy

• Finnish first
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very good Thai restaurant. I ordered the pad thai and it was amazing. Everything was cooked perfectly, I really enjoyed myself.

• Visited September 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“Always delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Lemon Grass is close to home so I eat their food often. Their food has great combinations of tastes without too much of them at once. My favorite (what I have pretty much every time) is tofu in chili and ginger sauce - just delicious! The portions are so big that one is totally enough for two full meals for me. The service at Lemon Grass is nice and they are rather quick even though they are always full/have a line of orders.

If you want to eat in the restaurant, I recommend not going at a busy time such as evenings or days during weekends - it's so popular it's often full. They don't take reservations.

Lemon Grass is one of my favorite restaurants in Helsinki even though I usually don't fancy thai food.

• Visited October 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“One of my favorites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Lemon Grass is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Helsinki. The food is delicious and reasonably priced, and the service always friendly. The opening hours and the space are rather limited, so better check when to go!

• Visited March 2013
Turin, Italy
“WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I am not obsessed with Thai food and one of the reasons is probably, it's not that easy to find good spots. Well, you found one. This place is by far the best Thai rest i've ever tried. We were here one night at 8.20 but the kitchen was already closed (so you better go there for lunch, or take away, unless you have nordic habits of eating at 6 pm). The waitress was kind and sent us away with big smiles. So next night we returned around 7.40 and she was going to say no more food sorry but then she remembered me and she said ok you came back and so you must be very motivated so she sat us down and we ordered 2 dishes of noodles, one soup, one dish with spicy liquid that I can't really define. But it doesn't matter as everything was simply DIVINE. everything was so tasty. And portions are huge. We spent about 50€ but we ate until we were about to burst. The prawns were huge and spotless. The servicee was kind way above courtesy. I didn't particularly loved Finland but I would go back for this restaurant alone.

• Visited October 2013