“Literally a hole in the wall with delicious food”
Review of Lemon Grass

Lemon Grass
Ranked #112 of 1,638 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have never eaten in the restaurant but have had takeaway 5-6 times and it has always been delicious, inexpensive and with generous portions. I am not sure if the restaurant has a liquor licence yet so that is something to bear in mind and check out if you want a beer with your meal.

The restaurant, as others have said, is about a 3 min. walk from Hakaniemi Market Sq and if you are staying at the Hilton Strand, as we often do, it is about a 5 min. walk and well worth a visit. (The restaurant kindly gave us an extra bowl and plastic utensils, so takeaway was a breeze). We ordered green curry with chicken and coconut milk and an order of spring rolls (3). This came with rice and the whole order was only 22 EUROS, with more than enough for two people. If you buy your own wine, this is a real bargain! I agree with others, I think it has the best Thai food in Helsinki, it's too bad they don't have larger premises.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Quite small place, but we didnt had to wait for too long to get a table for 4 people.
The thai food was delicious and the portion can be shared for 2 people.
The noodles and rice was 12 euro each. The water is for free.
It is not far from Linnanmaki amusement park.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went to this small restaurant in with my girlfriend for late lunch. The food was really nice and service quick and polite. I believe this is the closest you get to a real Thai taste in Helsinki.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I ate chicken with lemon grass, coriander and chili. It was very delious and hot (3/3 on their scale). Not just a another asian restaurant, this is a real Thai cuisine!

1  Thank N0rdman
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This place is very reasonably priced, but delivers amazing food. I ordered a chicken dish with noodles, egg, and tamarind sauce, and it was flavorful but not too spicy. They do have spicier dishes, if your into that burning sensation. It's a small place and kind of cramped, but the food is worth it!