“Good, but portions could be bigger”
Review of Rafla - CLOSED

Rafla
Cuisines: French, Italian, Scandinavian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Kampinmalmi
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The food and service was excellent, but considering the price I would have expected slightly more food. The acoustics is not the best as it can be a bit noisy as times, but still I could recommend the overall experience.

There are newer reviews for Rafla

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I visited Rafla for lunch with my Other Half on a Friday. It was packed with power-suited and well-heeled office crowds. Yet, the service was prompt and warm, which I'm grateful for. We were seated at a corner (albeit near the toilet) so we had more privacy than other customers in the main room.

Lunch options included 1. Pan fried potatoes with lamb sausages for €9.90 2. Salmon pasta with herbs for €10.90 3. Salad 4. I can't recall

Lunch deal includes: 2 slices of bread and butter, main dish, and water.

We chose the pasta option and it turned out pleasantly cooked. Having patronised this restaurant before, the food served here is adequate but definitely not memorable.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Quality food, simple with a hint of fine dine. However prices seems to be quite high. With same price you can get clearly better value from several other places in Helsinki.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a personal favourite of mine thanks to the great value. Finding a decently-priced restaurant that delivers on food and ambiance is sometimes a tough proposition in Helsinki but Rafla always delivers. It's a casual place with a hint of fine-dining, with a mix of light and spacious tables in the front, through to the back with slightly more intimate tables tucked into a nook behind the main room. On to the food; the theme is modern international with hints of Finnish tastes. The wasabi salmon salad is a real winner. Service is fast and friendly and when I got the last beer from the keg, it was swapped for a new, fresh brew without complaint. This really is a great place to come and eat, from casual get-togethers of friends through to dates, it all comes off well at Rafla. Give it a try.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our waiter mixed three plates of sirloin steak with different levels of doneness. I enjoyed my steak either way and it was in fact really delicious. But my colleagues couldn't enjoy their too rare steaks and. They didn't like waiting for new ones so they had to leave hungry. We got compensated in the end so all is well. I'm sure some of our group wouldn't recommend Rafla, but I'm ready to give them another chance.