“mediocre” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ravintola Ani

Ravintola Ani
Ranked #448 of 1,453 Restaurants in Helsinki
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Oxford, United Kingdom
“mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The nice website and the fact that it's the oldest Turkish restaurant in town made me want to go here. My friends had the buffet (good value at 9.50) which included olives, bean salads, bulgar salad, hummus, bread, pickles etc, and kebab meat, and meatballs. I didn't fancy the meat, the kebab meat looked similar to any doner you would get in any other kebab place... I thought Ani would be more sophisticated than that. However, my friends said it was all very good. I ordered off the menu instead, had the imam bayildi which was disappointing, filled with a ton of onions rather than any other flavours. Being a fan of Turkish food and having been to Turkey, I was quite disappointed. However, I would say it's good value (my meal, at 12.50, included salads, but not meats, off the buffet). Go there if you're hungry and on a budget, but not if you're a food snob like me.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Finnish first
Helsinki, Finland
“Old Turkish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

This restaurant Ani is old Turkish restaurant. Prices are very low and food is very good. If you are hungry go to this restaurant. You could eat so much you can. Very good choice. Buffet is excellent.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Eero N
Helsinki, Finland
“Very good price quality ratio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been several times in this restaurant, both for the Buffet and orders from the menu. Best kebab in town, very friendly staff! I strongly recommend it!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank DuarteLisboa
Cortona
“My long-time favourite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

People who know about Helsinki restaurants remember this as a small place without glamour and jet-set. Food has never been a disappointment here, and you seldom see unhappy faces inside. I have not tried the popular buffet, I usually pick something from the list, but I like the salad table. For a dessert I cannot resist baklava with coffee.

Service is friendly and in my experience efficient. People wiser than myself tell that in ethnic restaurants it is a good sign if customers represent various ethnic origins. Here this seems to be true.

Atmosphere is nice, one reason might be the decoration, which is not too ordinary. Two of the walls are covered by sort of mosaics, which look very good to me.

• Visited October 2012
Helsinki
“Best Turkish in Helsinki”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Excellent, friendly service and good food.
I highly recommend the huge and tasty Meze menu for two for less than 50 euros.
They also have an all you can eat buffet lunch which seems to be really popular.

• Visited July 2012