Tripadvisor
Helsinki
Post
Inbox
Search

“Food that made me fell in love with Finland”
Review of Juuri

Juuri
Reserve a Table
Ranked #38 of 2,032 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Seafood, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic flavours, wanton passion, wild herbs, crazy ideas, love for artisan produce and the skill to make incredibly tasty food. This is what Juuri is made of. We want you to enjoy being our guest and to leave in good spirits. Our recipe is simple: we do things right in the kitchen, we respect the raw materials, we want to exceed expectations and we delight in our own work. The result is food rooted in enjoyment. Many people today are discussing small producers and organic food. What could be better since at Juuri we have put them in a central position for nearly ten years. We favour the small and local for several reasons, and taste is certainly not the least of them. We have a rule of four P's for our raw ingredients: Perfect Produce from Preferred Producers. When products are transported from close by they arrive at the table in fresh condition. It is a joy to favour small and local.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

AMAZING Finnish dishes at Juuri FRESH organic local ingredients, artisanal presentation and unforgettably flavourful food. The ambience is cosy and convival.
Great service by the friendly and unpretentious staff who introduce the tasting menu dishes professionally. An unforgettable gastronomic experience in Helsinki. Simply awesome!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,200)

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Best ever. We tried out all starters and one of the daily sapas. Nothing went wrong, all good. Highly recommendend ❤️

Reviewed January 6, 2020

We booked in for Saturday evening with two friends and decided to go for the 5 course tasting menu paired with wines.
The waitresses done an excellent job of translating this and every introduction to each course and wine in English. Thank you.
I enjoyed every course with the reindeer being exceptional though the tongue abit too much for me. I thought each plate was very well balanced.
I would personally recommend the two commencing courses be served as individual plates per person of the same thing rather than 3 sharing plates between four people. This would be more straight forward for the customer and also easier for the kitchen (you are really doing 9 courses instead of 5!). I would happily return in the future.

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

I thought we had chosen well when the young lady at reception in the Haven Hotel said “Oh, good choice” when I asked for walking directions to Juuri. The food was interesting, and very good. The service was excellent and the atmosphere cozy. I have to admit that the Reindeer Tongue brought back traumatic scenes from my youth, but the rest was near perfection. A great NYE!!!!!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

Excellent experience! We had ordered three course menu for our 11 persons. All was the best quality I have ever wait. Service was very good.

I’ll come back again!