“One of my favorite restaurants in Helsinki” 5 of 5 bubbles

Juuri
Ranked #6 of 1,453 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic flavours, wanton passion, wild herbs, crazy ideas, love for artisan produce and the skill to make incredibly tasty food. This is what Juuri is made of. We want you to enjoy being our guest and to leave in good spirits. Our recipe is simple: we do things right in the kitchen, we respect the raw materials, we want to exceed expectations and we delight in our own work. The result is food rooted in enjoyment. Many people today are discussing small producers and organic food. What could be better since at Juuri we have put them in a central position for nearly ten years. We favour the small and local for several reasons, and taste is certainly not the least of them. We have a rule of four P's for our raw ingredients: Perfect Produce from Preferred Producers. When products are transported from close by they arrive at the table in fresh condition. It is a joy to favour small and local.
Helsinki, Finland
“One of my favorite restaurants in Helsinki”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Juuri is just perfect smallish restaurant in Helsinki. They serve Finnish food here. It may sound not so good but it is just the opposite. They use only top quality ingredients and prepare the food carefully. The outcome is delicious modern Finnish food. Good example is Sapas which are Finnish Tapas. I just love them. Every time I go here I have difficulties to choose which Sapas I wanna eat - I would love to have them all. They have really good selection of good wines here also. The atmosphere is just perfect: relaxed and rustic. And I love the idea to use Marimekko´s colorful lovely glasses and vases here - they suit this restaurant very well.

• Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
Cotswolds
“Great little restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

What a great find. Taken there by local friends for lunch and what a great place. Quite small and rustic but it all adds to the atmosphere.

Go for the Sapas (Finnish tapas). Just mix and match half a dozen dishes for the same price as a main course and sample everything.

Great food, good wine list, good service - Enhlish menus and good English spoken.

Would have expected to pay more for this experience in Helsinki so good value for money.

Definitely returning and would recommend to anyone.

Need to book though as it is popular.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cotswolds_Homer
“Super Finnish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

While traveling in Helsinki with a Hungarian colleague we enjoyed a magnificent dinner here – the Finnish tapas, "sapas", are wonderful: we just ordered two rounds of those, plus a lovely bottle of Riesling and dessert, with the total bill coming up to just 120 euros. I highly recommend Juuri for a nice "authentic" Finnish dinner: not kitchy Lapland stuff but proper modern food with a cool local twist.

• Visited November 2012
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent food with local ingredients and a modern twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was a real gem. I was disappointed to learn from our hosts we would go to a Finnish restaurant (sorry for the prejudice) but this restaurant turned out to be great. The concept of "sapas" - Finnish tapas - was very original. Everything I tasted was fresh, tasty and very original, a real pleasure, if you approach it with an open mind. The atmosphere is cosy and the staff are very friendly, happy to provide explanations.
A happy surprise for me! Will definitely go back.

Helsinki, Finland
“Not cheap but worth the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Like others, I love the sapas. The tastes are both strange and delicious and the presentation is very nice. I didn't like the meat mousse, but that's just personal taste. The interior is somehow both homely and modern and sitting, dining and chatting felt nice here. Our mains came and the trout fillets were absolutely perfect. We finished off with the creme brule and I walked out with a smile on my face, even after the sizable bill had been paid. Recommended for a modern Finnish dining experience that you won't be disappointed with.

Visited May 2012