“Great service and tasty food in cozy small place”
Review of Wellamo

Wellamo
Ranked #159 of 1,693 Restaurants in Helsinki
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Vironniemi
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Went there with family to celebrate birthday and it was perfect place. We were 7 and couple small children. For our luck it was quite empty early evening so there were room for children to run about but not most suitable place for active kids in busier hours. Food was really tasty and service great. Left from there happy and well eaten. Ate salmon which first looked quite small portion but it was not only good, also filling. Dessert fried camembert with jams wasnt any special but okay. Most of us ate ginger ice cream which was excellent.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I headed myself towards Wellamo to eat Russian cuisine because this restaurant is introduced as a Russian restaurant in my guidebook. Contrary to my expectation, Wellmo is a Finnish restaurant. My guidebook is comletely mistaken, and the food was not so bad, but I was disappointed.

Pickles that were served with honey and sour cream sauce are nice way to eat.
The atmosphere of this restaurant is excellent, but quality of service was less than average.
Wellamo receivs good ratings from other reviewers, but I am sorry, I cannot find any good reason to visit this restaurant again.

1  Thank koalachef
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Not so easy to find but certainly a great food experience. Quality and fresh food, we recommend bouillabaisse, salmon, reindeer and beef filet, not to forget excellent deserts. Price are correct and service is good. Tank you!

1  Thank opocaj11
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I ate here with a colleague whilst travelling on business to Helsinki. We hadn't reserved, but it was mid-week around 8:30 pm and there were a couple of empty tables.
Service was friendly and efficient. I enjoyed the reindeer carpaccio followed by arctic char. Both were served elegantly and tasted delicious!
Recommended!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We ate at Wellamo on our first night in Helsinki on the recommendation of the hotel clerk. It's situated in a beautiful old building near the water. The menu features many local dishes that are wonderfully prepared and the prices were very reasonable for Helsinki. The restaurant's wonderful location gives diners the opportunity to take a stroll by the water after enjoying a great dinner.

1  Thank stonesc