“Not so bad food but did not excite me”
Review of Wellamo

Wellamo
Ranked #202 of 1,562 Restaurants in Helsinki
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Vironniemi
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I headed myself towards Wellamo to eat Russian cuisine because this restaurant is introduced as a Russian restaurant in my guidebook. Contrary to my expectation, Wellmo is a Finnish restaurant. My guidebook is comletely mistaken, and the food was not so bad, but I was disappointed.

Pickles that were served with honey and sour cream sauce are nice way to eat.
The atmosphere of this restaurant is excellent, but quality of service was less than average.
Wellamo receivs good ratings from other reviewers, but I am sorry, I cannot find any good reason to visit this restaurant again.

1  Thank koalachef

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Not so easy to find but certainly a great food experience. Quality and fresh food, we recommend bouillabaisse, salmon, reindeer and beef filet, not to forget excellent deserts. Price are correct and service is good. Tank you!

1  Thank opocaj11
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I ate here with a colleague whilst travelling on business to Helsinki. We hadn't reserved, but it was mid-week around 8:30 pm and there were a couple of empty tables.
Service was friendly and efficient. I enjoyed the reindeer carpaccio followed by arctic char. Both were served elegantly and tasted delicious!
Recommended!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We ate at Wellamo on our first night in Helsinki on the recommendation of the hotel clerk. It's situated in a beautiful old building near the water. The menu features many local dishes that are wonderfully prepared and the prices were very reasonable for Helsinki. The restaurant's wonderful location gives diners the opportunity to take a stroll by the water after enjoying a great dinner.

1  Thank stonesc
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went to Ravintola Wellamo with a large group and so our dinner was prebooked. I understand that large groups are a challenge to restaurants but that's no excuse for serving terrible food. Our starter was nothing more than lettuce leaves, few slices of tomato and cucumber, sundried tomato and a slice of water melon. The main course consisted of a bland chicken breast swimming in a dull sauce, tasteless yellow-coloured rice and half of an oven tomato. The vegetarian main course was even worse: vinegary artichoke hearts straight from the jar, a ridiculously large amount of ready made hollandaise sauce, greasy garlic potatoes and boiled carrots and broccoli. Oh dear.