“Good spot for a business lunch”
Review of Sasso - CLOSED

Sasso
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sasso is a modern blend of a stylish Italian restaurant and a cozy wine bar in Helsinki. The dishes, which are skilfully prepared to bring out the best in North Italian flavours, are served by a considerate and professional staff.
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Very chic spot for a business lunch. Not tons of intimacy but very good food and prompt service for a reasonable price.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

There is lack of good Italian restaurants in Helsinki. I have had my best experiences of Italian food in Sasso in the last few years. The restaurant was closed a year ago because the whole building was renovated. During the closure the owner changed. It was interesting to return and test the new menu. The appetizers were prepared with care and creativity. The vegetable risotto I had was one of the best I have tasted. I had slow-roasted pork with beans as the main course which certainly was not health food but it was very tasty. The service was friendly and well timed. Sasso is definitely better than its rating would suggest.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went back after a couple of years when i was visiting and found it to be ok for a good Italian meal, I felt the menu was limited though, I cant put my fingers on it but there we go. We felt overall that it was just expensive but nothing overly noteworthy about the foods apart from the
Sweetbread Risotto.a good place for a break from the great local delicacies and obviously very well situated.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Helsinki was one of the ports of call on our cruise - we had a great bus tour seeing many of the sites that Helsinki has to offer - went to Sasso for lunch and had Wild Mushroom and organic egg pasta (19 euros) and must say that it was the best Italian meal we've ever had - Ok so a bit on the expensive side but only to be expected in Finland - bottle of wine was 39 euros - well worth a visit though

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our initial impression of dining in Helsinki is that the service is mediocre, the food is average, and the prices are ridiculous. But, Sasso was a welcome break from those impressions. Our initial introduction of the restaurant was nice and appropriate. Service was timely and friendly. The food was above average and had some of the best risotto we ever had. Although wine prices are a bit high, the overall food and experience left you with a positive impression of your dining experience. Compared to other experiences in Helsinki, this was far and away our best so far.