Nokka
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vironniemi
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were taken there by some Finnish friends - she's American. Located in a converted building, with an open kitchen, Nokka takes its food very seriously. Every course is explained. I had a multi-course meal with a variety of tastes, all interesting.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Restaurant Nokka is located just under the Uspenski Cathedral, in an old warehouse on the port, and the old red bricks of the building give it a particular charm. An impressive ship's propeller stands at the door.

Luckily I had made a reservation, as while waiting with an excellent glass of champagne for my table to be ready (I was early), I saw many people come in and disappointingly leaving after hearing that the restaurant was fully booked.

I chose the 6 course Helsinki menu, which was based on very fresh local ingredients of exceptionnal quality. The wine pairing with each course was a perfect match! The staff was very friendly and helpfull in a perfect English.

I would definitely return and I highly recommend this restaurant!

2  Thank EnergizeMe
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food at this restaurant was exceptional quality. There was a blend of Finnish and international foods all of which were very tasty. The staff were extremely friendly and offered much advice regarding the food and the wine selection. Overall a very enjoyable evening was had and I cannot wait to return to this restaurant

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great wine list, Solid Food. Pricey. Its a good place to go for special occasion. its right on the sea, but doesn't have a view.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

The location, the building, the food all merit 5 stars. Unfortunately, our waitress was beyond rude. From the very beginning she seemed unhappy to be waiting on us, and it worsened. We usually have excellent rapor with the staff, so we couldn't understand her attitude. That being said, I would return and recommend it without reservation, because of the quality of the entire restaurant.