“Unfortunately, I was disapointed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saslik

Saslik
Ranked #86 of 1,453 Restaurants in Helsinki
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Finland,Espoo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unfortunately, I was disapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I've heard a lot of complimentary remarks about this restaurant from my Finnish friends, and this time decided to organize a Christmas dinner for our company.
Unfortunately, I was disapointed.
After visiting it, I was completely at a loss, and started doubting was this place really Russian or just a trap for tourists.
Though I am native Russian, I had a feeling that neither kitchen nor service had many things in common with Russia. The waitress had just a slight picture of Russian language.
Anyway, good service.... but food not to my taste at all.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank PauliTheFinn

• Finnish first
Brighton UK
“Russian food but why the bear?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We chose this restaurant to get introduced to traditional Russian food. It is a beautiful restaurant, with great service and life performers. All food that we tried was very good. The only strange thing was that most of meat dishes were made from bear. Being of Russian origins myself, I do not recognise ths as something we would normally cook. Its quite expensive too!
However overall it really was a good experience.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Lana08
Lohja, Finland
“Спасибо ("spa-see-ba") - Thank-You”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We took company from the U.S. here, for Russian food, as they had never had it before. We had appetizers (pickles w/ honey; mushroom terrine, borsch), and main courses of blinis/fish roe, Ivan's Sword (beef/lamb), and bear. Everything was tasty, and we stayed for a long time. The table even shared a Baked Alaska to finish. The atmosphere is authentic, warm, and came with its own entertainment; a threesome serenaded the table with song, and stringed instruments. All-in-all a lovely evening.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Vikingbymarriage
Helsinki, Finland
“Exotic for foreigners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We went on Thursday night, and it was practically full. Interior is very Russian and so was the menu. Season´s speciality was the bear in its many forms. The cuisine is very Russian, but a little too spicy, at least this time. In almost all the tables there were foreigners, mostly from Scandinavian countries - perhaps celebrating on the company bill. There was also a duo playing and singing in Russian. If you go there, look out that your credit card is in good condition.

• Visited October 2012
South Wingfield, United Kingdom
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We went last night. They have a bear festival on, so it was a zakuski of three types of bear for starter and a bear stew for main course. Apparently they buy about 18 bears a year caught on the Finnish Russian border. I think only about 30 are shot in total. The most procey was bear paw at 150 euros. I wasn't allowed it.... The vodka and the Georgian wine were good. The blini too. Huge portions of everything so be hungry