“Decent Finnish food in a nice setting”
Review of Atelje Finne

Atelje Finne
Ranked #111 of 1,511 Restaurants in Helsinki
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kampinmalmi
Cagnes-sur-Mer, France
“Decent Finnish food in a nice setting”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Quite a nice restaurant serving decent Finnish food. I like the interior decoration. The food is nicely presented, but I was a bit disappointed by my main course. Also, the service wasn't very good.

• Visited December 2012

• Finnish first
Helsinki, Finland
“A good restaurant, but lacking finesse”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The restaurant was packed full when we walked in on a cold Friday evening. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but when the evening was over, I thought: a great bistro but lacks the finesse to be a top notch place. Examples:
- no amuse-bouches and no "kitchen's greetings"
- a sense of being in a hurry: I had to cancel the wine I had intended to drink with my starter, because the starter was served before I was even close to finishing my aperitif and we were asked to hurry half an hour before our reservation ended (I don't like time slots when I go out to eat, but had to settle for it this time)
- there was a water bottle on the table, but we had to pour it ourselves
- my partner's fish starter and my main course fish had bones
- the dishes weren't introduced when they were served
- the prices weren't cheap, but you had to pay extra for some courses (5 € for beef tartar etc.)

However, having said all that, I did enjoy the food and wine, and would go there again. However, I think the prices are too high for what the restaurant offers (for example, Restaurant Kolo offers an immensely better value for the same amount of money) and that Atelje Finne would benefit from attention to detail.

• Visited November 2012
Helsinki, Finland
“Nordic touch and positive surprises”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Atelje Finne' s Nordic style cuisine just delivers every time I have visited during the last couple of years (maybe 10 times or so). I never left here disappointed. The menu in this small intimate restaurant (which used to be an atelier of a sculptor) is not extensive, often a little meatey, but always offers interesting surprises - this time it was cold-smoked pike (hauki!) as a starter - my friends I dined with adored it. Our main dish, the classic "husmanskost" dish called Lindstroems beef (here done of lamb) was simply the best I have ever tasted. Atelje Finne's signature desert liquorice creme brulé is something many quests keep returning to. The wine list is interesting and well selected. Staff was friendly, attentive and well informed about the menu and wines. Remember to ask what is on offer outside the written menu. Reservation in good time is recommended, especially weekends.

• Visited November 2012
“It was much better the last time”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

The food quality can vary somewhat. The last time we visited the restaurant the prices were lower and the quality higher. The quality price ratio has deteriorated - unfortunately. The wines selection is good but very expensive. We will be back for another try and hope for an improvement.

Helsinki, Finland
“One of my favourites in Helsinki”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

In this small Finnish restaurant you can find yourself very welcomed. You can either choose from the list or just read the wall for the daily specials. Good wines and service.

• Visited December 2011