“Ping-pong with Russian swearing”
Review of Raffaello

Raffaello
Ranked #809 of 1,552 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Scandinavian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vironniemi
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We came for a short drink and had to wait 10 min at the bar to be served. When I called up to ask, one of the personnel shouted that he cannot help and it has to be a bartender even though he obviously hanged around bar area. After getting served at last we were told that we can sit anywhere. We took the beer and tried to find a place in the corner when another waitress argued that we cannot sit there since it is dinner-only area. We searched for another place and again were told it is not possible since we are having only a drink. Same thing happened twice! When I started protesting Nazi-looking bartender gestured at me as if I was an idiot! At last I lost my patience and sat down where we were pointed earlier. However another male waiter didn't like it and wanted to remove us. He approached and started swearing to my Scottish friend in Russian. We left immediately! Nothing can justify that level of service!

There are newer reviews for Raffaello

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Nice restaurant for adults in the middle of the city. At summertime the terrace is full of adults who look a one night company :)
Good for lonely riders.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The restaurant was busy on a Saturday lunchtime, but the waitress was friendly and helpful. The menu wasn't great for non-meat eaters, but I had the Halloumi Salad, which was very nice, with a tasty citrus dressing. My partner had the mussels which he really enjoyed, the sauce they were in was delicious, and a good quantity for the price. All in all a very enjoyable meal in pleasant surroundings.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This restaurant is nice, had always been, for about 30 years. Nice service, nice food (but not cheap, by all means, quite the opposite), nice surroundings - but also in a need for update. Fantastic location, that is the reason for constant success

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I have lived in Finland since 1996. We have wondered about this restaurant for many years and finally decided to give it a try. We live in Järvenpää 35 kilometres north of Helsinki. The food was OK but the prices were quite too high for the portions offered. My meal was good but my wife's pasta dish wasn't very good at all.
Starters were very good but ridiculouly expensive for a very small portion.
The service was very, very slow and although friendly enough uncoordinated. We waited over fifteen minutes for a cocktail in a room that was less than a quarter full. Our starters arrived 30 seconds after our drinks. I had to get up to flag down someone to deliver the bill. Not worth the money. I expected something a lot better in this price bracket. Very disappointed.