“Nice but...”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Tasty Greek dishes, nice atmosphere, good music but unfortunately the staff sometimes are not so kind. When you call to make a reservation, they can ask about the number of people and which part of the restaurant you prefer etc as if there is enough space but at the end they can say that the whole restaurant will be full during all evening. Attitute towards customers is a very important part of this business and I think Minos owners should think about it.

1  Thank Ecempol

Reviewed January 18, 2012

The location of Minos is the best about the restaurant. Especially the tables on the terrace are beautiful - in winter as in summer. The food was very tasty, but definitely overpriced. My boyfriend had their Gyros which was actually quite good value for the money, I had the chicken with veggies, but the portion was very small. We decided to share a desert. We chose Baklava and it was absolutely delicious, BUT it was 8€ and it was golf ball size. The service in the beginning was quite bad. We reserved a table for 2 on the terrace, but nobody seemed to know or care about it. We did not feel very welcome. Towards the end it got a bit better though, but still we did not get offered the desert menu nor more water (we had to ask for it ourselves).

1  Thank Tuhkimo
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The menu includes classic Greek dishes, the service is nice and helpful, and the restaurant is friendly.

Because Finland is so far from Greece and Finnish food is traditionally quite bland it is no surprise that the flavours have somewhat subsided to match the local palate.

Despite that I have found the fish of the day, tzatziki, moussaka and skewers lamb or chicken all to be reliable and good.

In Greece this restaurant would disappear but in Helsinki it is quite good.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I am from Greece so when I visited Finland I thought it would be funny to visit a greek restaurant! Minos restaurant-situated in the Kampi center- is a good restaurant with a menu that has a lot of greek dishes. The people serving the food are polite, the prices are good-for the Finnish standards- and the quality of the food is well above average. I had mousaka which was really tasteful. If you visit Helsinki and want some greek spirit then don't forget to pay a visit to Minos!

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Went here for lunch with family (on my Birthday!) only to discover that there was nothing Greek about this restaurant... we had three different dishes, across the menu and it turned out no one of them was edible! Precooked and frozen food, most propably left overs from dinner from the previous evening! Needless to say a big dissappointment! No Greek dishes on the Menu! We had 3 dishes that in no way could be connected to Greek Cuisine.
The only good thing about this place was the location! Never Again!

5  Thank GattoMilka