“A wonderful restaurant”

Passio Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #5 of 1,511 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Gastropub, Wine Bar, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Passio is ardour and pleasure with food, beer and wines - and the hearty alliance of food and nectar which bounds them together. We offer Finnish small producer products seasoned with spices around the world without unnecessary trickeries. Pure passion. With potion and beverages side, we invest heavily with quality artisan handcraftmanship instead of quantities - beers are supplied for us by Brewery & Restaurant Huvila from Savonlinna with Passion's designated selection and with wines we favor personal european small winerys. Welcome!
Beijing, Beijing, China
“A wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten in many good restaurants and used to own a restaurant myself, but I can safely say that this was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. We took the three course surprise menu with matching wine package. It turned out to be five courses, with excellent wines topped off by their own beer. Every mouthful was a culinary experience. Service was friendly and helpful. I don't want to give away the surprises of the menu by telling you its contents.
Most guests were locals. It is popular so best to reserve a table. The restaurant is medium priced for Helsinki. Very good value for money and a highlight of our trip to this lovely city. I can't remember leaving a restaurant on such a high for a long time.

2 Thank DavidWJ115VW

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Helsinki, Finland
“Excellent value for price. Wine package with 8cl servings was right to the point.”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Fine dining level food in reasonable price with relaxed atmosphere. Highly recommend for a romantic evening or for a classy family dinner as well.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Henri H
Temecula, California
“Quite Outstanding”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This restaurant has only been open for a couple of months, and they are doing some quite inventive things here. I would suggest the "Chef's Surprise" 3 or 5 course menu, and allow them to do the wine pairings as well. They are combining quite unique items and tastes in their dishes, all very creative and outstanding.

A small restaurant, so reservations are essential, and I suspect reservations will only become more difficult to arrange as they get discovered. The chef works his magic in a small kitchen, and the wait staff are all highly knowledgeable and highly trained. This is clearly a work of love, and you can tell they love to experiment with unique combinations, creating dishes you are not likely to find anywhere else. I can't say enough about how enjoyable the food and the evening turned out to be. This was a real discovery, and truly great food!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tbills4
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I ate here with my wife and daughter on the recommendation of another restaurant which was full that evening. It has only been open about 8 weeks. It was exceptionally good 3 course meal. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Lovely atmosphere and reasonably priced for a very high quality fine dining. If you are visiting Helsinki and like very good food I would recommend you give it a try, you wont be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Nick T
Cairns, Australia
“Best meal in years”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I are frequent diners but have never felt an urge to review a restaurant on tripadvisor before; Passio caused us to change this "rule".
We had a superb 5 course degustation with matching wines and outstanding service in a warm, unpretentious atmosphere.
The flavours and texture of the food were exquisite, the culinary range masterful and the presentation beautiful.
I simply cannot rate Passion highly enough.

• Visited June 2014