My wife and I like to get away for a weekend somewhere special and "Christmassy" every December. This year we chose Helsinki and Hotel Glo.
We booked a Deluxe Room and upgraded to a corner suite on arrival.
All in all we loved the hotel. Here are the best bits, in no particular order:
- The location, close to everything
- The staff, friendly and helpful.
- The room, well designed, spotless and a enjoyably quirky
- The bar, buzzy even on a winter's evening
And at the other end of the scale, there were a couple of 'could do betters':
- No dimmer switches on the lighting in the room (and there was a lot of impressive lighting)
- The breakfast, good but not special
We also used the relaxation area in the Spa that GLO shares with the Palace Kamp. It's quite small and fills up easily, but very restful, especially with a couple glasses of bubbly served by the friendly staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most important idea behind the hotel is customizing the stay at the hotel to meet the needs of each individual guest. Hotel GLO Helsinki Kluuvi offers its guests a variety of recreational opportunities including sports, culture, dining, and health services in the hotel itself and outside its walls. The vast collection of services is something never before seen in a hotel in Helsinki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Glo Helsinki
- Glo Hotel Helsinki