“Very Good Hotel. Perfect location”

GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki
Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
Binyamina, Israel
“Very Good Hotel. Perfect location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

A very good hotel right in the heart of the main shopping district of Helsinki. It's close to everything that has to do with downtown Helsinki. The rooms are clean - Beds are a bit soft, but the ambiance of the room is great, The main desk employees are polite and helpful. The lobby is tiny. Very decent rates for the location. If and when I go back, I'd choose it again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room facing the main street, I was told by a colleague that cleaning machines mak...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Otriper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I spent 3 nights at the Glo Hotel in the centre of Helsinki. Needless to say, the location is perfect. This hotel is located in the heart of Helsinki and you can easily get to places by foot, tram, bus or the metro. Even though the hotel is in the very center of the city, you won't be disturbed by noises or bars/restaurants in the area. The hotel is quite new, and you can tell that by the looks: it is modern in decoration but also in atmosphere and service.

The room I had was not very big, but it did not bother me. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was sparkling clean and there was a big flat screen TV to complete this comfortable room for two.

The breakfast was also simple, but you could also tell that it was all about the quality.
Organic, Finnish ingredients, warm foods, fresh bread... yum!

I warmly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to ensure that they spend their nights in a cosy and comfortable hotel in Helsinki.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Heidi F
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night in this hotel and it was perfect for my business trip. Rooms were compact and quiet. Service from reception staff was superb. Breakfast had a fairly good selection. Would recommend.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
palacekamp, Guest Relations at GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Experttravelleruk1,
Thank you for your kind words and recommendations, awesome to read that we have accomplished to meet you expectations during you visit with us.
Holiday greetings from the GLOstaff!

Behalf of the team,
Enni Viuhkonen
GLO Hotel Kluuvi
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

On arrival I upgraded to a medium room which was an oasis of style, space and modernity. Best compact hotel bathroom I've experienced. My type of breakfast - not a greasy sausage in sight but a healthy and delectible selection of fruits, breads, salmon and salads. Really friendly staff. Would have liked more info in room on the hotel services, though exception were exemplary. Would insist on staying here again on my next trip.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Croydigras
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed in a suite here, which was very nice. It was spacious and clean, very modern. The location of the hotel is excellent, right in the heart of Helsinki. Breakfast was alright.
All in all, the value was very good and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed here with my family on May 31st 2013 and I cannot recommend it enough for variety of reasons.

The location is amazing- right on what seemed like a good shopping area or high street. The hotel is surrounded by cafes and pubs. In fact, right below it is an Asian restaurant where they serve marinated tofu on hot stone and dips. Apart from that, there are many pubs and restaurants all around it. It was a weekend and there was a music night out in the open just a couple of hundred meters away from the hotel. It was very lively out there but at the same time I did not hear any noise from the streets in my room. On the other hand it is also close to the pier. The hotel has its own gym but I much preferred going for an early morning run along the pier overlooking the Baltic sea (I think?). If you can manage, do try to squeeze in a run or a morning walk around the hotel and I'm quite sure that you will not be disappointed.

Upon arrival, we were very cordially and enthusiastically welcomed by the front desk staff. The check in was quick followed by some tips on what to see in the city and how summers in Helsinki were so much prettier than Winters. I requested an extra cot in room over email just a couple of hours in advance of my arrival and when I reached the hotel at 1pm, I was informed that the room was already ready with the extra cot in it.

The rooms were not same old same old what I usually see in chain hotels but rather had a very designer-kind of feel to it. The decor was amazing and I especially liked the luxurious open bathroom and the fact that even the toiletries were nicely packaged and presented. It was clear that they had put in effort to make my stay comfortable.

Overall this is not just any regular hotel. After a very long time I've finally stayed at a hotel that was worth every penny I paid for it. I highly recommend it and will definitely stay here again when I return to Helsinki.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Max_0712
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel works which meant the hotel was a mess and smelt strongly of chemicals. No warnings or apologies from staff.

Otherwise, great location and nice rooms with nice toiletries and slippers etc. really hot though and we couldn't open the window! This was common in all the hotels we stayed in in Finland.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Psychtraveller
palacekamp, Guest Relations at GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Psychtraveller A,
Many thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear that we could not meet your expectations while you were visiting us. At the moment of your stay in January, we were having some constructions work ongoing, since we were expanding our property. We thrived to build our new wing without causing inconvenience for our guests, so I am very sorry that we failed with that. Despite the problems, we are very glad to hear you enjoyed the rooms and the centered location of our property. Due to security and technical reasons it is impossible to open the windows in some of our guest rooms. We hope that we can welcome you back some time to our property and provide you a better experience with us.

Behalf of the GLOteam,