GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki
$189
$163
ScandicHotels.com
2,142 results
All reviewsgreat locationdeluxe roomseparate toiletpedestrian streetfazer cafecentral locationthe heart of the citymodern hotellarge bathroomtrain stationgreat roombed was very comfortablesalmonfree internetmini barbreakfast buffetmarket square
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here for one night in July. As others have said the best thing about the hotel is the location and whilst its on a pedestrianised street, taxis are allowed to pick up and drop off directly outside. The hotel had assembled a cotbed in our room which was great as we requested this however at breakfast they only seemed to have one highchair and this was used. Somewhat ruined our stay having to feed our baby without one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TaisonLondon
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It was my family's first time in Helsinki and we were lucky to have stayed at Glo Hotel Kluuvi in downtown Helsinki. The location can't be beat. You are literally three blocks away from the Red Bus Tours, boat tours and a stone throws away from a huge variety of bars and restaurants. Our favorite place to eat was at the restaurant next to the hotel. (On the left corner when you exit the hotel. I can't remember the name of the restaurant but it is worth a visit or two.They serve the best french fries!)

We traveled with our 1yr old and were pleased with the cot the hotel rented to us. We stayed in a standard room and the only thing I did not like about the room was the shower stall. It was too small.

Room Tip: The all inclusive breakfast is worth it, although I did get tired of the meatballs after the third day.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aviva S
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Hotel is in downtown central Helsinki. Close to train station, harbor (with market on weekends), shopping and restaurants. Helsinki is a stylish, nice and friendly city that is easy to get around on foot or on public transport. The Glo Kluuvi hotel is well located and has a modern stylish decor. I can recommend the spa that is on the top floor, nice sauna and steam rooms - a sauna being a must when in Finland. Good and friendly service. The one downside is this new thing in many hotels with the glass panels for the bathrooms - sometimes this can be a little too intimate for comfort.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

It was my second time at the Glo Hotel Kluuvi in downtown Helsinki. The first time had been a spectacular surprise, since I was upgraded to a very spacious double bed suite with a large shower and bathtub, water kettle, coffee, chocolate and tea as beverages, Glo slippers, Glo ceramic coffee mugs and a bathrobe.
This second time around I was put up in a much smaller room, and - unfortunately - the kettle was gone, so I was a bit disappointed. However, the service was excellent, and the double bed superb, with hydraulic control for raising the head, the back or the feet. Best bed I stayed in on any of my business trips! The rooms feature Finnish design - warm, dark colors and very clean bathroom with a large jungle shower head and a lot of space in the shower (sometimes the showers are very small and slippery, as opposed to this one), hairdryer, iron and ironing board, flat screen TV with a large selection of channels (only ZDF for German TV). The slow internet connection is for free, but provided some problems in connecting. My impression was that I could only access the Internet late in the evening, when others were not using it. High-speed internet connection was quite expensive per day (I think around € 9,00, if I am not mistaken, per day which is quite expensive for Helsinki, where most public places have free WLAN).

The service was very good, and the breakfast with a lot of variety, also vegetables, salad, fresh Danish, dark and light bread, homemade jam, yoghurt etc. only the scrambled eggs were a bit on the pale and bland side, as was the bacon which lacked crispyness.
The largest asset, however, is the location itself at the very center of Helsinki - adjacent to one of several shopping malls, opposite of the traditional Cafe Fazer, only two blocks from the Helsinki Hard Rock Cafe, the National Art Gallery, and just around the corner of the main university building. From the main train station (where also the Finn Air Transfer Buses stop and depart) it is only a 10 minute walk to the hotel. Very convenient, good service, and an excellent bed to rest your body after an exhausting business day. (A spa and a gym are also located in the same building, however, I had no spare time to check them out. However, next time I will! I can definitely recommend the Glo Kluuvi Hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a hydraulic bed with remote control, and towards the side facing "Fazer Cafe" since there is less noise from the main street/tram
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Marion M
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in Sep 2013. The location is prefect for exploring all the sights in downtown Helsinki. I walked about 15 mins from the bus station to the hotel on the 1st day with my big hardcase luggage and it was not a problem. By the time I get familiar with the route it was less than 10 mins walk back to the bus station on the day i need to get to the airport bus. The rooms are modern and size is ok for European hotels. The breakfast which was inclusive is pretty basic but is good enough to last me till lunch. Coffee was lousy and service at breakfast was non-existence. I am fine with this as this means i chose my own unocuppied table n get the staff to clean up for me. My main complain is having to pay 5 euro a day for the use of an electric kettle which is only available for free in the more expensive rooms. However this 5 euro includes packets of tea, instant coffee n cocoa which I dont really need :( wifi is free n quite strong. There is free wifi coverage in most parts of helsinki city centre - cool!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple