“New hotel in the heart of Helsinki.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki

GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Helsinki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pirkkala, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2007

My wife and I just spent a wonderful weekend at the GLO. We had our Anniversary and I let them know about that beforehand. I had booked a superior room, but they upgraded us to a minisuite!! What a lovely gesture!
I think probably all the good and bad (is there any?) side are said in here, but here's few words.
Location coud just not be better. It's right in the middle of the city centre. Everything is near. I you arrive byt train, ferry, car or plane, it's easily accessible. The hotel doesn't have it's own carage, but you can use Europark, which is just few minutes walk. You can pay the park to the hotel and get discount.
Checking in and out was quick and the staff was friendly. The room (minisuite) itself was unforgettable. Separate livingroom with a working space, bedroom and very nice bathroom. You could enter the bathroom from both livingroom and bedroom. A separate toilet was built inside the bathroom. There were two LCD TV's with free hifhg speed internet in living room and in bedroom. They both had their own remote controls and keyboards. In livingroom there was stereos with a cd player and also a dvd player. Bathropes and slippers were waiting us in the room and access to the day spa saunas was incuded, which we didn't have time to try. We did like the colours and the decoration very much; lot's of dark wood and dark brown colours with some white paint on the wall's. There was also a possibility to order some different kind of pillows, sheets and blankets for free. We tried some pillows and that was nice.
We didn't eat the hotel's own restaurant, but breakfast was delicious. Only thing I missed was bacon, but I could live with that. Oh, yes there was another thing that I missed also. In the evening we had a few drinks at the lobby bar after dinner and I wanted to have some Irish whisky, but that they did not have. ;)

Anyway, I think the hotel is very reasonably priced and I (we) will definately stay there again!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank Juha K
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2007

Loved this hotel! Great location, excellent staff, beautiful rooms and wonderful breakfast. I really can't say enough about this hotel. We travel often and this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.
The room was huge and the decor was beautiful, I didn't want to leave. If you are going to be in Helsinki, check out the Glo, you will not be disappointed.

• Liked — Decor and condition of the room
  • Disliked — I really can't think of anything I didn't like
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank MNGert