My wife and I were there at the beginning of November this year. I've got to say it was the cheapest place for 2 people of all autumn season.
Now pros and cons of staying there. Positives outweigh negatives totally. So they are :
1. Convenient apartments where kitchen, small living room (with TV) and bedroom are combined into one pretty big room.
2. There is a kettle, an oven, a fridge and a coffee machine in the kitchen. The kitchen also has a set of plates, cups etc.
3. The living room has a dinner table, a TV set and a couple of armchairs.
4. There are two night stands on the each side of a double bed.
By the way there are enough plugs, so you can recharge all you devices.
5. There is a set of towels for a bathroom, that has a toilet and a shower. There are also some showers gels for visitors.
6. Finally, there is a sauna on the ground floor, which you can book by calling the administrator.
Now let's talk about negatives.
1. There is no filters for the coffee machine.
2. There is only one shop - Kmarket, which is expensive a bit.
3. If you have a double bed, you will have two little blankets for each person instead of a big one.
As for the transport, there is a tram stop near the hotel. (The tram number 4).
As a result, I'd advise this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hellsten Helsinki Senate is located in Katajanokka, one of the most exclusive districts in the heart of Helsinki. It is a promontory surrounded by water, just a stone's throw from the city centre and its attractions. Katajanokka is separated from the mainland by a channel, but it is possible to reach the city area by four bridges. Katajanokka is also the place where ferries from Stockholm and Tallin dock. Helsinki-Vantaa airport is just a 30 minute drive away. All of the major amenities, including shops, cafes, restaurants and cinemas are within walking distance from Hellsten Senate. The hotel has 52 designed one and two bedroom apartments each with a kitchenette, telephone, satellite TV and free internet access. Some of the apartments have their own sauna. A common sauna can be used as well as common laundry facilities. This old renovated building from 1915 has self contained rooms and apartments ranging in sizes from 28 to 160 square meters penthouse suite. All apartments are equipped with kitchenettes for cooking your own food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hellsten Helsinki Senate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hellsten Helsinki Senate Hotel Helsinki
- Accome Senate Helsinki
- Accome Senate Hotel Helsinki