We was there between the 13 and the 18 June 2013. Nice apartment in the Center of Helsinki. Tramway stop at 100 yards. We was on the third floor, there is a lift, flat was very spacious. there was 5 of us. One bathroom with shower and two toilette, small kitchenette with electric cooker, fridge freezer, microwave, kettle etc.... & TV in the lounge..
The block of flats has no reception desk as mentioned in other review, so before getting there we phoned the hotel to get the code number to open the front door of the building, once inside there is a free phone to call to get the flat number and the keycard next to the phone validated via a scanner. Easy and no problem. When getting this done don't forget to ask for the wi-fi password.
Very happy to have stay there? If you use taxi to go back to the airport, find the number for the yellow taxi they are cheaper. From the Center of Helsinki to the Airport 28 Euro instead of 50. There is also a bus from the station to the airport. If you use the yellow taxi to the airport you have to book it the day before. :-) We did book this place few month before going, so we had a very good deal 380 Euro for 5 person for 5 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hellsten Helsinki Senate is located in Katajanokka, one of the most exclusive districts in the heart of Helsinki. It is a promontory surrounded by water, just a stone's throw from the city centre and its attractions. Katajanokka is separated from the mainland by a channel, but it is possible to reach the city area by four bridges. Katajanokka is also the place where ferries from Stockholm and Tallin dock. Helsinki-Vantaa airport is just a 30 minute drive away. All of the major amenities, including shops, cafes, restaurants and cinemas are within walking distance from Hellsten Senate. The hotel has 52 designed one and two bedroom apartments each with a kitchenette, telephone, satellite TV and free internet access. Some of the apartments have their own sauna. A common sauna can be used as well as common laundry facilities. This old renovated building from 1915 has self contained rooms and apartments ranging in sizes from 28 to 160 square meters penthouse suite. All apartments are equipped with kitchenettes for cooking your own food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hellsten Helsinki Senate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hellsten Helsinki Senate Hotel Helsinki
- Accome Senate Helsinki
- Accome Senate Hotel Helsinki