“Boutique Hotel in Helsinki”
Review of Klaus K Hotel

Klaus K Hotel
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The Klaus K's location is just right for Helsinki. Right in the middle of the city, you can easily walk to the harbor, to sites such as the Kiasma (contemporary art museum), the Saarinen Central Railroad Station, Stockman's huge department store and other places.

Yes, the rooms are small and in fact, the bed is also small. A very large person wouldn't be comfortable. But it worked well for me. Smart decor and well-appointed, the room and bathroom functioned well. A huge bonus was the breakfast buffet: every kind of juice, meats, eggs, an assortment of fresh fruit, wonderful breads, and excellent coffee. The staff, too, was friendly and extremely helpful.

I would stay there again...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank annaha

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We had a great stay in Klaus K. design hotel. The service was excellent, we had a very early check in without any problems.

The breakfast is also great, and our room was very clean. Bigger rooms would be nice, but the experience in total was one of the best in Helsinki.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was recently in the Hotel with my husband for a 6 night stay and the hotel quite frankly did not live up to my expectaciones.I found the room to be too small(number 426) for comfort and the view was absolutely awful(an inner courtyard).The air conditioning units are noisy and don´t seem to obey the knobs in the rooms:there was no way to turn the unit off.However in all honesty I must say there were nice surprises also.The bathroom amenities (shower scrub,shampoo,etc were all from Malin Goetz!) the breakfast area is comfortable although the food somewhat boring(I think a little variation from day to day would solve the problem).The hotel staff is helpful,efficient,friendly and they deserve to be mentioned for their good work.I don´t know if I´d return to the hotel however should I ,I´d make sure to book a larger room .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eva h
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear eva h, thank you for taking time to write your review of my hotel. You pointed out a couple areas where we can improve and we have take steps in that direction already. In addition, I am making changes on our website to we can be more forthcoming with our room explanations. The tricky part for me is that we have so many different shapes and sizes it becomes a challenge. However, I am committed to make this improvement since I feel it will help future guests. I hope to welcome you back to Klaus K when you return to Helsinki. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Very nice friendly efficient hotel
Nice room and very good breakfast with friendly staff
Only issue is sharp increase in cost since last time (+€100) although booked via company so will check next time

1  Thank flyandcharles
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Dear Trevor&Alison, thank you for your kind words in Trip Advisor. I would recommend booking our hotel via our own website in the future to obtain the best rates. When you choose to return to Klaus K again, I would be happy to handle your reservations personally. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General manager

Reviewed May 29, 2012

For me, Klaus K is my base of operations in Helsinki due to 3 things: best breakfast in town, great location and some really nice rooms. Let's start with breakfast: a selection of all things tasty from Finland, from amazing porridge (the only place where I have porridge!) to delicious fish, pastries etc. Then the location: right in the middle of the city, for holidays it's just a short walk to the nice Punavuori district and the southern seafront, while for work all the main central offices are walking distance. And then the rooms – it's really worth asking for one on the higher floors and discussing the room at the reception. That way you can get a stay that fits what you are looking for (I always request a bathtub which they nicely arrange). So really: the thing that's never gone wrong for me is the quality of the customer service, you always feel welcome here and they are happy to help if there is any issue. Highly recommended.

2  Thank LassiK
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Dear LassiK, I appreciate you making the time to write your comments in Tirip Advisor. You have pointed out many of the attributes that make Klaus K, as you put it, your home base in Helsinki, as many of our guests do. If there is anything that I can do for your future stays, please contact me directly although my team is completely empowered to do what it takes. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Nice hotel but make sure they don't put you in one of their micro-rooms. No desk. Hardly room to turn around. There should be a law against rooms this small, even if the single "design" item was a nice "throw" on the bed. A rip off. The Soviet-style Scandic is more comfortable than these cupboards/rooms. Never again

1  Thank John H
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear John H, I am sorry to read you were so disappointed. I know that some of our rooms are very small but our intention was to create several different sizes of rooms to offer a variety of choices to our guests. I hope that you may reconsider and give us a try another time perhaps in a different sized room and avoid using the soviet style hotel you mention. I promise we can make you very comfortable. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Really a nice Hotel in the middle of city centre of Helsinki. Service was top class and Italian restaurant downstairs was also a delight to visit, quality food with the same quality service. Not maybe a place for whole family visit but to couples I would recommend highly. Rooms are a bit smallish but design in rooms and also in other facilities were very nice. Breakfast was the topping on the cake!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ville T

Dear Ville T, I appreciate your candid and positive comments. I believe your description will be helpful for other Trip Advisor readers. I look forward to welcoming you back to Klaus K! All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager.