“For Design and food lovers”
Review of Klaus K Hotel

Klaus K Hotel
Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 10, 2011

You're going to the Klaus K because of the design and the food makes you want to stay longer! Well, that is our story at least. Design lovers and big Helsinki fan, we decided to try the Klaus K. We were not disappointed at all by the design side. Everything had been carefully and artistically thought, perfect really!
And then came breakfast, full of local and national products. Exquisite really. Take your time to enjoy everything they are offering and, if you can, try the brunch on a week-end. Note also that you can book the sauna -free of charge- for a private use.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Xpat2011
hotelife, General Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you for your encouraging review about Klaus K. I really appreciate the reinforcement that we are doing the right thing. I hope you are able to come back someday for a repeat. Many of my guests feel we keep getting better especially as they come back often. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,452)

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Travelling to Helsinki for business, I have already tried several different hotel in the city.
The Klaus K, for me, is probably the best solution in terms of location (central), quality of sleep, service and price.
Also offering some options for dinner, either at the ground floor or within walking distance to some excellent restaurants.
It was nice to receive an e-mail with "pre-arrival" information, something I had not yet expereinced from any other hotel...
Breakfast could be better..., but for Nordic standard quite ok ;-)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Tex68
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Klaus K is all about location - you have shops, the design district, restaurants just steps from the hotel! Sure it is a design hotel, and yes, it has a cool interior design with nice environmentally friendly big bottles of amenities (but I missed the hairconditioner, which you had to call reception to get...). I really liked the eco breakfast from all over Finland! Some one complained here below that you had to pay for an omelette etc... I do not see the problem, the breakfast was more than enough and I enjoyed the local/national fresh eco produce! Comfortable and good hotel, but my favorite hotel in Helsinki is still Haven.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FlyingFinLin
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I have started travelling regularly in Baltic region for my work. Previously my experience of hotels in Scandinavia has been disappointing. Previous hotels were old, poor quality, broken fittings, lots of extras and very expensive for what you get. In fact they were amongst the worst hotels that I have experienced anywhere.

So to arrive at KausK, late on Monday night, was like a breath of fresh air ! Nice design, well lit, free internet, good Italian restaurant (not so cheap, but really good and open till 11pm), central location, quiet, comfortable. Thanks to my work's agreement (which was thankfully honoured), it was also affordable.

I had a single room, which was, clean, well designed and adequate. The bath room was also small, but sufficient, nicely designed and functional. Even bath robes were supplied. The room was everything that I need.

Reception staff were informal and friendly, but still professional and helpful.

Breakfast was Finnish, with special cheese, breads, fish, juice etc. English breakfast, if you can not live without it was available as an extra order.

Overall, the design was cool with a real Scandavian flavour often using natural wood. Much better than the usual bland design of the chain hotels.

So I am struggling to find a negative! Only two points come to mind:

 The smoked salmon at breakfast was not fresh. I hope they check the sell by dates !

 It was complicated to find the regular TV channels when navigating through the various paid "extra" options. It would have been nice to have more English channels available.

Now, I am looking forward to my next visit when I will certainly try to stay at the same hotel!

Room Tip: Try the Linguini with chilli and king prawns in the restaurant. My inside facing room was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PeterCbrussels
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We booked a two-night weekend getaway from Klaus K hotel because of it's good reputation and reviews. Our "Envy king" room turned out to be utter disappointment. This "art suite" had virtually no natural light, the only window was really small and the view was depressing. The room could be best described as some kind of dungeon or cellar storage room. The walls and the interior of the room were worn out, as were all the furniture and the bed. The bathroom was decent, which is probably the only positive thing about the room. We were simply amazed that this kind of rooms exist in a hotel which is supposed to be among the upscale hotels in Helsinki.
On the basis of this experience, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Avoid room 331 at all costs!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nuutti V

I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience. We are making quite a few updates this year including additional lighting, new televisions, new terry cloth in all my guest rooms. I hope you find a chance to try us again in the future. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Reviewed September 27, 2011

I just checked in at Klaus K for my 60th time (Yes: six-zero).
For many good reasons, Klaus K is my preferred 'home' while in Helsinki: Location and breakfast are probably the two key ones. I tried many other hotels but Klaus K is just difficult to beat.

• Stayed: September 2011

Thank you so much for your loyalty and I really appreciate you taking the time to write your comments here. I believe that is valuable for readers to see. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Reviewed September 22, 2011

This was my best hotel experience in a long time. If you want location, KlausK can't be beat, it is a few minutes walk from every major destination in Helsinki. If you want comfort, it is incredibly restful, with quiet rooms, a beautiful spa and a serviceable gym. If you want friendly and helpful, KlausK has the best staff going, they go out of their way to be helpful. If you want food service, the restaurant is first rate, and the breakfast buffet included with my room rate was awesome. Do you want chic, well that it is, the chicest in Helsinki. Do you want attitude, then go somewhere else because KlausK has none of it. Perhaps if you want a huge bathroom then KlausK is not for you, but personally i don't travel to spend time in a bathroom, and, at any rate, the bathroom was fine, just not commodious, though there was one (heheh).

I'll return to Helsinki, in part because I want to stay here again.

Room Tip: I like seeing the street; luckily KlausK has double windows on the street side so it is what i want...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo