“Excellent, everything was fantastic, also surroundings”

Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki
Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Helsinki
Porirua, New Zealand
“Excellent, everything was fantastic, also surroundings”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Location - great, came on the board of the ship, so it was only 5 minutes walking)
around very good shops, markets, also found great flea market only around 200 m of walking (kalevankatu 55).
Rooms - clean, presentative, quiet.
Service - helpful and friendly!!!
My reccomendations

Room Tip: seaside view is the best
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear user 46JJJ,

I would like to thank you for your kind review. We are happy that your stay with us was pleasant and that you mentioned the surroundings of the hotel. Nearby area and the markets are great way to experience the true Helsinki.

The way of life in Helsinki, or the Helsinki - State of Mind, as we call it, is what we hope that our every guest gets to experience!

I would also like to wish you a great year 2014 and i hope we'll see again!

Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Overall this was a very bad experience in this hotel. Too many issues, unsatisfactory experiences to recommend this hotel. Amongst those issues I can list: - Hotel is aging, some furniture were broken in the room (wall sconces, bed lights...) - There was a disgusting smell in the bathroom, we had to take our shower in the saune area - Sauna temperature was almost 110°... - Breakfast was not really fresh and at 11 clock the staff start cleaning our table and vaccum the room even if we were about to finish

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Gregory F
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear user Gregory F,

thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was so unpleasant and the fact that during your stay we didn't reach our standard level. While reading your feedback, it is obvious that we do have a lot to improve.

Your review is valuable for us and I've already forwarded your it to our Front Office Manager, so we can solve these issues you mentioned.

I hope we'll get to see you here again as our guest in future, so we can meet or even exceed your expectations.

Kauniainen, Finland
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were staying shortly overnight in order to go dining and celebrating my birthday. This hotel provides cozy atmosphere and modern rooms that are far better than any other hotel chain in Finland. One big advantage is that Radisson put attention on bed quality and interior that fits well together regarding of colors, pillows etc.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear user Janne H,

I'd like to thank you for your kind review. We are glad that you and your wife enjoyed your weekend here with us. I hope we'll get to see you here again as our guest, when your travels bring you back to Helsinki.

Paris, France
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Overall, stay was ok but with fierce envy to come back. Breakkfast was very good with large offering and quality of the restaurant room. Rooms are very small. TV no easy to use, too slow to swith from one channel to another. No large ofefring in terms of international channels. One of the two Entrance doors of the hotel was out of order.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Marlyne M
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I came to Helsinki for the first time and on suggestion from my colleague, i had booked in this hotel. I was very happy and felt comfortable with the facilities provided by the hotel. I will definitely like to stay again here on my next trip.

Following are the items i liked:
(a) Super Breakfast
(b) Clean and ultracomfortable bed (sleep system)
(c) Good supplies in bathroom and great linen provided

However i felt that there could be little more storage space provided to store my clothes and belongings wth more ease and comfort.

Room Tip: If you wish to have a great view of the harbour while relaxing in the room, please ask for Sea view...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear user Uvsagar,

Thank you for your feedback. I am more than happy to hear that we met your expectations and that you will stay again at Seaside.

Have a great spring and see you soon!

With best regards,

Maria Ranta-Ruona
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I've stayed here a few times - mainly because the price matches the quality perfectly.

The hotel is at a very handy location for tram lines, there is one (No. 6) going from directly infront of the hotel and another one (No. 9) few steps to the right from the front door. It is also just within walking distance from the ferry port to Tallinn - as long as it is not too cold or raining.

Hotel is trusted Radisson quality, with good and varied buffet breakfast.
Though its is starting to show a bit of wear and tear on the little things that need fixing in the rooms. On my last visit I had a problem with window not shutting properly which was attended to immediately and I was provided with another room. Unfortunaltely, later on I had some other issues with that room but that too was immediately fixed with courtesy and innovation.

The service I recevied was beyond excellent, they truly did everything they could to fix the issues. I hope that I was just very unlucky with the rooms this time, or that they will start renovating the rooms that need a bit of TLC.

I'm sure I will be staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: If you do not want to walk for miles, ask for room close to the lifts. It can be a long walk on to s...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear user FITripper,

Thank you for your important review. This kind of feedback will definitely keep the staff going and trying to reach the best possible service at all times.

See you soon at Radisson Blu Seaside!

With kind regards,

Maria Ranta-Ruona
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Located close to the city center, this hotel is a great option for both business and pleasure. Staff is friendly, the rooms are quite nice and overall service is good. We ordered breakfast into our room and that did not meet the expectations, not worth paying for cold bacon and scambled eggs and hard bread so if you can, walk downstairs and enjoy the breakfast buffet instead.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple