“Very good hotel for a business trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki

Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
UK
“Very good hotel for a business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights recently. I arrived from the airport via the airport bus and metro to the Ruoholahti station. This was a very easy journey. The hotel is about 10mins easy flat walk from the metro station. Mr room was very big and comfortable, the only downside was it had no view - not a problem for me on a business trip but ask for a room with a view if you are on holiday. The restaurant is very good and the staff were good at providing individual bills - important for a business trip. The centre of the city is about 20 minutes walk. I would certainly go again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great Business Hotel with nice rooms and good seaside view.
Close to downtown and to most business locations.
Built converting an old Cheese Factory, the rooms have their own designs that are quite pleasant and provide a very different positive experience.

Room Tip: Select a Superior room to have some stretching space. Choose a room with a seaside view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear user naveenk5,

thank You for your valuable feedback. I am glad that your stay with us was pleasant.

It is true that our hotel has a lot of history being the laboratory and a cheese-storage during the 19th-century. That is something we are definitely trying to cherish and bring out in our design so it's nice that you noticed it.

I hope we'll see you here again in the future when your travels bring you back to Helsinki. I'd also like to wish you the great rest of the year 2013!

Best Regards

Jani Liljavirta
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very clean place for stay even for 1 night. Good location (take tram 6 or 9 and you are in the City Center in few minutes, the stop is in front of the hotel) we got a room with a seaside view. Possibility of late check-out, which made our day easier and way more enjoyable. Would recommend it anytime. Breakfast is simply great, huge variety of healthy food.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Southern Finland, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was my 4th stay at this hotel. While it has allways been a clean and nice hotel it sometimes leaves to be desired in the overall experience... I was in a superior room on the 7th floor, the bath room had mold in it and smelled rather bad. Also the bathtub would flood the whole bathroom when emptied... I informed the reception and they were nice about it offered another room as they had no one from maintanence to fix it... Since I was in a hurry I chose not to change rooms, but I would have expected the cleaning staff to do a rather extensive cleaning of the bathroom... that was my mistake :(

as a elite member of their hotel scheme I have usually been given a rather nice welcome gift at this hotel, having asked for it, I was told it has been changed to a bottle of soda waiting in the room, again it was not...

I have to say the main drawbacks of this hotel has been the lack of consistency...

Service this time was superb, but perhaps a apology for the probelms with the room would have been nice at check out?

I will return to this hotel but I do prefer the other locations in Helsinki to this hotel, atleast then I know what to expect, sometimes at the seaside I get WOWED and other times, I feel like checking out day of arrival :) go figure...

Room Tip: if you want to use ICE its on the 6th floor :) I personally prefer the superior rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tony834
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear user Tony834,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. First of all, I want to apologise for the problems you had with your stay and the fact that it wasn't already done when you checked out. It is nice to hear that you have stayed at Seaside more often. Like you mentioned, concistency of service is what we all aime for and it is our job to make sure that it happens. I hope that you will return to our hotel and the next time you visit, we can meet your expectations by one hundred percent.

Have a great autumn!

Best regards,

Maria Ranta-Ruona
Kennebunkport, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here for four nights in late august, went to st. petersburg (ferry is nearby) and then returned and stayed one more night. Our room looked over the harbor. Although it was a little small, I find that is typical in europe. It was attractively designed. The breakfast has a lot of variety and was very good. The people at the reception desk were friendly. I liked the location- a little out of the center. You could take a tram or walk back. What I really appreciated was that we were able to leave our two big suitcases when we left for St. P. When we returned it was early in the morning. The lady tried to see if there was a room available but there wasn't. She let us go to a private area so we could get some items out of our suitcases and also leave our backpacks for the day. I would return there, and there were some good restaurants in the area too. (we had to keep our windows open, so during the evening there was some tram noise)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel is in a location a long walk from the main Helsinki precinct but on the weekend there is a fabulous trash and treasure market where we spent hours fossicking for some very interesting bits and pieces (summer) only.

The buffet breakfast was very good. Reception staff were friendly and helpful but ...

We were told it was against hotel policy for us to take a bottle of wine we had purchased elsewhere into our room and when I told them that was ridiculous and could I please have a bottle opener they refused. We ended up opening our wine with a nail file (determined )

A little bit of customer service goes a long way. What problem do they have with customers buying their own food and drinks and consuming them in the privacy of their rooms? Every other hotel in the world allows this - why not this place ?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear user ozlibby,

thank your for your review. It is true that we are about 15 minutes walk away from the city center. That's why the easiest and the most popular way to get to the city center is by tram. There is two trams going (number 6 and 9) from 6 am to 11 pm every 10-minutes. It only takes 5-10minutes to get to the city center.

Unfortunately we cannot allow alcohol-products that are bought elsewhere in our hotel rooms. It is because of the Finnish alcohol-law, which is very strikt. I know it is very uncommon but it is not up to us why it is forbidden.

Overall i'm sorry we could not meet your expectations and once more i'd like to thank you for your valuable feedback. We will use the feedback to improve our operations in the hope that one day, if your travels bring you back to Helsinki, we can impress you and meet or even exceed your expectations!

Best Regards

Jani Liljavirta
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We visited Hotel Radisson Blu seaside Helsinki during our trip to Finland and Russia.
The Hotel faces an industrial harbor, near the city center which is 15 mins by walk. Frankly speaking, we never needed to take any tram or whatever to access the center, so the location is good.
The breakfast was also good, rich enough for you to spend the morning and noon without starving, and fresh ingredients were at your service.
The room was clean enough, but not spectacular, a bit small, and the bathroom was lacking of modernity. A funny thing is that there was a lid on the ceiling of the bathroom and when my wife was having a shower, it just fall down. She was lucky enough to not being caught while brushing her teeth or washing her hands, otherwise, she would have been hit by the lid on her head! We immediately called the reception which sent someone, and the guy was shocked and felt extremely sorry and surprised seeing the scene...

On the other hand, I think this hotel deserves rather a 3* than a 4*; but it is a simple and clean way to stay in Helsinki for a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple