“Nice ship, good value.”

Ranked #17 of 311 things to do in Helsinki
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We took this line back to Tallinn after a day in Helsinki.
Very nice ship, good choice of shops etc. Nice restaurant. Took a lot longer to get back than it did to get to Helsinki though.
Overall would recommend :) I think we paid about £30 for a round trip so great value

Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Very nice cruise. Quite old ship but kept well - you can't really say how old she is.. Ms Silja Serenade was big enough for the family with young children (and almost teens). There was enough activity for kids and they loved it!
Shops were fine but the food and eating - well, we were bit disappointed about that. Just some awful pizza-hamburger-bar for youngsters who didn't care about buffet. The buffet was great, no complaining about that! Have been cruising this same ms about ten years ago but nothing new hasn't happen with restaurant/bar..

1  Thank J11P33
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We travelled several times from Helsinki to Stockholm. My choice is Tallink and Silja line. The ships are bigger than Viking, more shops, more restaurants, more space to rest. The restaurant Capitan is really great: much tasteful meat that I really love, good beer, and Atlantis bar is something great. Many cocktails, good, strong or not strong, and no headache in the morning at all)). As for the cabin I recommend promenade, you can enjoy the view, people, atmosphere and it is all over at 11.00 p.m. or something like that , so you can rest calm-fully. As for arrival time you have enough time to sleep in the morning and to have breakfast. I really do not recommend Maxim restaurant though I might be wrong: too expensive and not tasteful at all as far as supper concerned. All in all good way to spend some time specially with friends or husband/ wife and good way to travel from and to those two beautiful capitals.

1  Thank Optimist2000
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Today we with my husband travelled via SiljaLine Galaxy boat.
I have an allergenic astma, so I previously asked for a allergic room.
In that allergic room (5402) we found a lot of DUST on the blinds!

The service was awful ! The clean service person opened the door of our room THREE TIMES more than an hour before the arriving!

The boating and unboating was also awful !

Unlike the Silja Serenade - that is really comfortable beautiful and interesting boat, this one is absolutely bad serviced and comfortless boat.

5  Thank Veronika_journalist
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We took this ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn and back in December. It couldn't have been any easier. You'll need a ride to the harbor in Helsinki but it's easy to reach and the embarkation hall is huge so you can't miss it. The ferry boat is as big as any you'll ever see (like a cruise ship) so it takes about 45 mins to board every one once they open the gate. There's plenty of seating and food on the boat although I wouldn't recommend the food; it's overpriced junk. Once you arrive Tallinn it's possible to walk into town if you're in good shape and don't have much to carry. If you have luggage on wheels it's probably worth a taxi for the 1km ride in.

1  Thank Godby