“Awesome lunch!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Awesome lunch!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

With 11,90€/lunch you get loads of stunningly good food =huge saladbuffet, days soup AND a maincourse. Really good and personal service also. All the staff is great! We loved it and will definetly go again and again! Need to try the brunch as well.

• Finnish first
Helsinki, Finland
“Surprisingly popular and incredibly good”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was a real surprise in a familiar neighborhood. The food is cheap and really good. There are excellent Mediterranean and Middle Eastern flavours. The menu has a lot of good options. Reserve a table or be prepared to wait a long time! This place is worth a visit!

Visited August 2014
Preston
“Delicious and Relaxed”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I visited Bar Sandro as part of a large group. The service was friendly, attentive and informed. We weren't pestered by the staff and on the odd occasion we had to make a real effort to catch their eye, but nothing was too much trouble. I tried the Hamshuka for the first time and was blown away. There were so many strong flavours, but they all combined beautifully. The dish was fresh, but with a decent kick of heat and well spiced. It came with a huge hunk of homemade bread which was essential for mopping up every last morsel. All the dishes were beautifully presented and everyone enjoyed their meals immensely. I didn't try any of the puddings, but those that did were wide-eyed with pleasure - Which led to a few late orders from other members of our party. The next time I'm in Helsinki this will be the very first place I visit.

• Visited August 2014
Helsinki, Finland
“Take note of food quality”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I am a vegetarian and I have been here only on their very popular Saturday Brunches. I first visited this place over a year ago, and quite a few times thereafter. Reservations need to be done at least couple of weeks in advance, I have to say that this brunch is something that both my husband and me have worked up an appetite for and looked forward to every time for relaxing and enjoying a good meal. So much so that we made reservations when my family visited me from India. But we were disappointed !!!

Initial memories comprise of a good spread for vegetarians right from, breads to salads, main course, juices, yogurt, variety of cheese, all the way up to a selected and truly delicious array of desserts and good flavoured mint tea. Live music, a glass of champagne/sparkling wine and splendid service(rare in Finland) were like icing on the cake.

Having said all that, comparing my recent visit to the initial ones, I believe the quality of food in terms of taste has really become quite average. The buffet layout has changed and expanded but I guess in order to accommodate more, the food quality has suffered noticeably. For example- desserts which were only numbered at about 4-5 and all of them tasted amazingly , have now increased (7-8) and were quite okay on the palate. Though salads were a tad better, the main course definitely has failed in impressing.

I don't mean to discourage ppl from visiting this place. It's just sad to see my most beloved brunch place in Helsinki not being that good anymore!

• Visited July 2014
Lahti
“Lovely!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

It was a very warm night when we arrived to Sandro without a reservation. Sandros terrace was full but waiter fixed us (three ppl) a table outside because there was very warm inside the restaurant. Food was intresting, full of flavor(from middle-east I think). Service was spectacular! We loved it!