“Amazing insight into Helsinki”

Happy Guide Helsinki
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Happy Guide Helsinki offers guided activities in Helsinki and Southern Finland. We have daily options the whole year around. What is common for all of them they are offered the sunny and sustainable way :) We have city and themed walking tours, bicycle tours and we show you the real Helsinki how we locals live and love it: enjoying the effective and eco-friendly public transport network of Helsinki. You can join us for public tours from Free Walking Tour weekends to daily tram and bike tours to private guide services. For everything there is a sustainable tour solution!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 11, 2016 via mobile

The tour guide was very welcoming and friendly, and had a good knowledge of Helsinki and she was happy to answer any questions! The tour was about 2 hours long, and covered all of the main attractions in the city as well as some lesser known ones! There's a break in the middle for a toilet/food stop at the markets. The guide kept it light hearted and didn't overload you with information! At the end she was happy to help with directions and recommendations to eat/drink and places to visit. One of the best tours I've been on, thank you!

2  Thank sophieplatt
"minute break"
"free walking"
"key sites"
in 4 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"private tour"
"three hours"
"meeting place"
"cinnamon buns"

Reviewed May 9, 2016

4 of us joined this tour on Saturday (7th May 2016). Our tour guide was great and the whole thing was very informative but not too much. She took us to places we definitely wouldn't of got to on our own. Half way through the tour you do stop for 15 minutes to get a drink etc. Although the walk is 2.5-3 hours long it wasn't at a terribly fast past and I would say would suit all ages and abilities. Enjoy !!

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed May 8, 2016

Our guide was Kathrin and she was very friendly, positive and well informed. Her guiding style is very entertaining and cute :) She shown us many interesting and important places and explained what and how. The time that we had (2 hours) was used the best it could and I am very satisfied with the tour :)

1  Thank Olga B
Reviewed April 30, 2016

We'd gone on a fantastic bike tour of Helsinki and its outlying areas 18 months ago. I reserved a tour (private) for our recent visit and had - again - an outstanding guide, trip, view of a side of Helsinki one can't see from foot or trams or guide books. I requested to see more of Helsinki's wonderful architecture and design, and got not only that but beautiful biking through parks and bike pathways that explored neighborhoods and regions of the city. Having a private tour gave me the chance for questions and conversation about contemporary Helsinki - Anssi was a fabulous guide. The bike was a new style self-adjusting-gears bike -- way fun! And our nearly four hours (which included a lovely stop at the Arabia factory coffee shop) were neatly tucked into the morning right before the rain began. I love that city anyway, this just added to my understanding of the city and its culture. A very special part of our short stay this time.

Date of experience: April 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed April 30, 2016

Free for the most part, but for all the history and places I saw on this tour, I for sure had to give them my gratuity and praise! Yulia and Daniela (I hope i spelled their names correct) were amazing! Daniela left midway so this review is mostly written on Yulia's behalf. Yulia's wealth of Helsinki's history was incredible! Her interaction with the crowd was natural with her and the people in the tour were all wonderful! We passed by many historical sites as well as local hotspots to get a feel of both the past and modern day lifestyle of Helsinki! The walking wasn't too difficult and sites were all lovely!

Date of experience: April 2016