“basic nepalese”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Helsinki, Finland
“basic nepalese”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

There is probably more than a dozen nepalese restaurants in the Helsinki area, and most that I´ve visited seemed very similar. Usually attentive service and tasty food and so was the case with Jun-Tara when visited. The restaurant was almost empty on sunday afternoon. I found the menu I bit confusing and the food was what you can expect. Quite a mainstream experience.

• Visited October 2013

• Finnish first
Issy-les-Moulineaux, France
“Doesn't deserve 5 stars at all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

For our last night in Helsinki, we were looking for a nice restaurant and headed to Jun Tara based on its ranking.

We had a bad surprise.

First, we had to wait like 2 minutes before one guy welcomed us and placed us to a table.

There was only one set of cuttelry and while we would have expected the waiter to set the table for two instantly, he wasn't as swift as we thought.

The corner where we sat was more or less clean.

After having ordered, we had to wait 35 minutes. My wife was starving when waiting. We hesitated to pay the beer already served and leave.

The food, and a plate/glass/cuttlery for my wife finally came after such a painful waiting.

The food was OK but not exceptional.

I directly went to pay instead of waiting for the bill.

We will not return to this restaurant for sure.

As a conclusion, we do not recommend at all Jun Tara to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank msirapian
Vaasa, Finland
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I haven't eaten many Nepalese dishes before but after this I will! I highly recommend the homemade fresh cheese in spinach sause - one of the best tastes I've ever had. The service was good and friendly too.

• Visited June 2013
“Loved the food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

A wide selection of delicious Nepalese dishes, also very good vegetarian choices. Food was made from fresh ingredients and with great care. The service was excellent and friendly. Will want to go there again when I'm in Helsinki!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank HilkkaL
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

very good food with variety of choice with quick and friendly service....would recommend to try out...

• Visited March 2013