“Casual Italian trattoria”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have visited this slightly hidden trattoria in Toolo a few times and keep returning. The place is always almost packed with eaters but we have managed to get a table every time without a reservation. The menu is not too extensive but all courses are tasty and made of fresh ingredients. A place worth of visiting.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We both had the fish brunch. The brunch plate had a lot to eat. I couldn´t eat it all. They serve only meat and fish brunch. The plate is quite much the same otherwise but the only difference is the meat/fish. If you would like to go here more often for brunch you would get bored to this small selection.
Although it was quite good it can´t be called italian brunch. I have had only the brunch so can´t say anything about the other dishes.

1  Thank Jelbrew
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great food here, it's tucked away off Toolo square, you won't find it without looking but the visit will be worth the search.
I had the liver which was cooked to perfection, along with the risotto as a side dish, which I have to say was amazing. The wine isn't that bad, bit pricy though. The staff were attenative and appeared to be knowledgable. It's quiteca large place so should be able to handle big groups, although on our visit it wasn't overly busy.
Cost for two staters and two mains with a bottle of red wine and two glasses of White with the starter came to 161,00€
worth the search.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had some very good everyday Italian food. For starters I ordered vitello tonnato which didn't look special but tasted very nice.

My main course was a seafood risotto which looked quite terrible. No colour at all, and the overall impression was modest. However, the taste was excellent. It was nicely seasoned and has a good structure. This was one one of the best risottos I've had in Helsinki during the last six months. It just looked bad.

Service was very friendly and our waitress recommended me a few wines suitable for my food. However, it was a regular Wednesday evening, and the place was not even half full.

I would definitely recommend with this local restaurant for an informal lunch or dinner. It's not a fine dining experience, and prices support this even though it's located in quite an expensive place in Etu-Töölö, Helsinki.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Good service in a full booked weekend evening (make a reservation before). The food was very tasty and price level is low!! We had three course meal and everything went like in a movie. Antipasto plate was nice but our liver was the best I've eated in many years. We finish with tiramisu wich had nice twist of orange. I'll go again!!