“Tasty mexican food & hip atmosphere, visit with friends”
Review of Shanghai Cowboy

Shanghai Cowboy
Ranked #762 of 1,586 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mexican fusion restaurant in Helsinki.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We booked a table for Valentine's day with a group of friends, because we wanted to find out why the restaurant is so popular. We arrived on time for dinner, but it took a while before we were guided to our table. They didn't have enough menus, and our table with five people got only one menu, before the other tables were ready to order. Half an hour after arriving the waitress finally took our order. It seemed that they didn't have enough workers. Drinks were expensive (cocktails 9,5 - 11 €, beer & ciders 5-7 €) but worth the money. I can recommend chocolate & coke ribs (20 €), which is one of the best meals I've ever had! We all were really satisfied with the dining experience, and for a that reason I can recommend the restaurant especially for friends and small groups. There were also some couples, but I don't think the restaurant is the right one for a romantic dinner.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

It is already some time ago we were here with my friends, but I still remember the food, it was so tasty. Service then again did not work quite as well, which might have been due to lack of personnel or due to size of our group. Drinks came fast, but food took some time. Also getting the bill took quite a bit of time and there were pretty much mistakes as well, which again took time to correct. I will for sure visit this restaurant again, but not with as big group as we had then, as I'm sure that was what mostly affected the service level.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This mexican fusion restaurant serves really good food. I can recommend especially crunchy rice and sesame salmon as a starter. Also main courses were tasty and portions were really big. And what's the best: there are very reasonable prices. Only minus was a bit slow service because during the busy nights you have max. 2 hours to eat. But servants were really friendly and helpful anyway. I can also recommend this place for people with special diets (coeliac, dairy free, lactose free etc).

1  Thank Tyllis
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, service and a nice atmosphere. The only place I've tasted this good mexican food is New York ('s best mexican restaurant). I strongly recommend this place. Though I think it's called Adams bar and restaurant now.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

after trying many mexican meals in town, which are by the way high quality in helsinki, i have to say pork chalupa and ribs in shanghai cowboy are unbeatable

1  Thank Ali M